If the trail ride turns into a freeride, the new for '09 SX Trail with 170mm of FSR travel shows no mercy when it comes to triple overhead drops and back country stunts.
- Claw knows it: The SX Trail M5 Premium Aluminum frame delivers. ORE top/down tube, forged head tube and full cartridge bearings. Integrated ISCG mount. 170mm travel. Not for the meek.
- Fox 36 Vanilla RC2 moves through 160mm of travel any way you want: low/high compression, rebound adjust and lockout. A 20mm thru axle keeps it straight, and an alloy steerer keeps it light.
- Lightweight, tough and grippy Specialized Lo-Pro Mag pedals spin on oversized, heat-treated Cr-Mo axles with sealed bearings and removable pins. Win friendly, not shin friendly.
- New, custom-tuned Avid Elixir hydraulic discs and SL carbon levers with reach adjust, metallic pads and 203mm rotors for high-speed control.
- Specialized Clutch SX tread offers a tough cap-ply construction and soft dual compound for confidence in the corners and the loose stuff.
- Stiff Truvativ Stylo crankset surrounded by Gamut Shift chain guide. At least your chain is under control, heh?
- Stout, maybe death-proof, the custom DT Swiss F550 rims span a wide 30mm wide for strength and improved tire contact. Laced with DT Swiss Competition black spokes to Specialized Hi-Lo disc sealed bearing hubs: 20mm front, bolt-on rear.
- The standard in coils: Fox DHX 5.0 rear shock with full adjustability - rebound, ProPedal and bottom-out control.