When it comes to a no-nonsense design that's efficient on the climbs and handles well on the descents, it's nearly impossible to beat our Stumpjumper Comp. The hardtail design ensures that all of your pedaling force is applied directly to the rear end, so it climbs and hammers on flats like a dream. To further guarantee it, you'll find that the double-ring crankset ensures a wide range of climbing gears. And to make sure that it performs on the descents, as well, we equipped it with a tried-and-true RockShox Reba RL 29 fork and razor thin seatstays for added compliance. Combine that with our built-for-speed XC 29 Geometry, a build kit with a focus on strength and precision, and a lightweight, responsive M5 alloy frame, and this Stumpjumper becomes an obvious choice for anyone who wants speed without the fuss.
- Given its lightweight and ultra-stiff characteristics, M5 aluminum was the natural choice for the frame's construction. And when complemented with our speed-focused XC 29 Geometry and internal cable routing, you get a bike that compromises nothing in delivering explosive speed, confident handling, and hassle-free maintenance.
- A RockShox Reba RL 29 fork offers up smooth, frame size-specific travel, while an easily accessible compression and rebound adjusts permit you to customize the feel according to the terrain at hand.
- Roval 29 alloy rims feature a 21mm internal width, making them plenty stiff and lightweight for XC racing.
- Casing the wheels is a 29x2.2" S-Works Fast Trak tire at the front and a 29x2.0" Fast Trak Control at the rear. Together, the tires provide a heightened level of fast-rolling traction and reliable protection that's well suited to the rigors of cross country racing.
- The drivetrain is made up of a thoughtful mix of Shimano XT and a SRAM S-1250 crankset, while shifting duties come at the hands of Shimano SLX shifters. Combined, the 10-speed setup provides the ideal blend of performance and durability that'll standup to seasons of racing and training.