Free shipping on orders over $150.
The previous Tarmac had an exceptional palmarès—a win in every Grand Tour, plus two World Championships—so you might ask yourself, "why a new Tarmac?" Well, we've never been one to rest on our laurels, which is why we're constantly hunting for even the smallest of improvements. In other words, we innovate or die. And for this exact reason, the new S-Works Tarmac breaks all the traditions of race bike design to create the fastest bike for all conditions.
- For the construction of the Tarmac Disc, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 12r carbon. It's the most advanced material, and schedule, we've ever made, and this allowed us to shed nearly 200 grams—that's right, a 20% reduction in frame weight.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered™. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, three areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape, dropped seatstays with aero tubes, and a D-shaped seatpost and seat tube. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 45 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
- For additional compliance, the seatpost has flex built-into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen. We also dropped the seatstays, altered the seat tube shape, and added tire clearance up to 30mm.
|FORK||S-Works FACT 12r carbon, direct-mount rim brake|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings|
|SEAT BINDER||Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly|
|SEATPOST||S-Works FACT carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset|
|FRAME||S-Works Tarmac SL6, FACT 12r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 130mm rear spacing, direct-mount rim brake|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
Tarmac - Geometry
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||490mm||508mm||531mm||540mm||562mm||577mm||595mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76°||75.5°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73°|
|Head Tube Angle||70.5°||71.75°||72.5°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||431mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||553mm|
|Head Tube Length||105mm||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm||190mm||210mm|
|Bike Standover Height||730mm||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|