The full-suspension, carbon fiber, S-Works Epic 29 is the first 29er to win a World Cup event, and the bike Mountain Bike Action magazine describes as the "best bike we've ever ridden". One of two S-Works versions, this model is equipped with Shimano's XTR component group.
- Super-light FACT IS 11m full carbon frame with dedicated 29er geometry, PF30 BB, sealed cartridge bearing pivots and 142mm dropouts delivers the all-around best performing 100mm-travel Competitive XC bike
- Specialized/Fox remote Mini-Brain inertia-valve shock with Kashima coating and new 2012 tune to seamlessly transition from efficient pedaling on smooth terrain to fully active on rough terrain
- Custom RockShox SID World Cup 29 fork with Specialized Brain inertia-valve damping has 100mm of air-sprung travel and a carbon steerer tube to create the most efficient and supple cross-country fork available
- Shimano XTR brakes are lighter than ever while staying cooler and more consistent with the help of Ice Tech rotors and new ergonomic levers
- Specialized FACT OSBB, PF30, carbon crankset with ceramic bearings is paired with a SRAM spider and rings for ultimate power transfer
- Roval Control SL 29 wheelset with carbon rims, OS28 end caps, 142+ spacing, and DT Swiss spokes and internals is insanely stiff, light and durable for greater control and quickness