This World Cup version of the S-Works Epic takes the concept of fast to another level. Like its counterpart "standard" version, it's constructed from our finest carbon fiber and features a drool-worthy build kit and a RockShox RS-1 Brain fork. But where it differs is in its tighter geometry and one-by-specific build, which work together to form explosive power transfer and an even nimbler sense of handling. Along these lines, you'll find that the build holds nothing back, delivering a SRAM XX1 groupset that's lightweight and intuitive, along with XTR brakes for some of the best stopping power in the business. And to drive even harder on efficiency and speed, we included our proprietary Brain technology at the fork and rear shock. This intelligent system is able to interpret the difference between rider and trail input, so it stays firm under effort and plush over bumps. Put it all together, and you have a purpose-built race machine that's certain to lay waste to any short track out there.
- FACT 11m carbon fiber frame provides the ideal blend of stiffness, strength, and light weight, resulting in the pinnacle of efficiency and speed. Meanwhile, our World Cup XC 29 Geometry, 95mm of travel, internal cable routing, and a SWAT Tool Cradle create exceptional handling and zero-hassle maintenance.
- The one-by drivetrain is controlled by SRAM's venerable XX1 components, while braking duties are handled by a Shimano XTR carbon lever. Combined, the system forms the ultimate in efficiency and intuitive feel, while also having the added benefit of significant weight savings and minimal required maintenance.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up, 95mm of fine-tunable suspension, and our Spike Valve technology for enhanced performance in the corners and rough terrain. To maximize efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.
- RockShox RS-1 Brain fork is arguably the most sought-after fork in XC racing. Compared to a traditional fork, its inverted design creates a carbon fiber upper that provides superior stiffness, while behaving with more sensitivity to small bumps and more control over larger hits. And with Brain technology, these characteristics are amplified and even more efficient. It also includes our Spike Valve technology that minimizes yaw in cornering, while providing maximum travel in high velocity impacts.
- Roval Control SL 29 carbon fiber wheels are lightweight for climbs, hand-built for precision and durability, stiff for explosive sprints and nimble handling, and most importantly, exceptionally fast for hard, sustained efforts come race day.