Free shipping on orders over $150.
Specialized “The Cobbles are Calling” Sweepstakes (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”)
This Sweepstakes is intended for viewing and participation in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Please do not enter if you are not a legal resident of, and not located in, the United States at time of entry. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Starts December 19, 2019 at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends March 16, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win a prize, you must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, be at least 18 years of age, and have a valid email address at the time of entry. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) any person who, at any time on or after December 19, 2019, was or is a director, officer, agent, representative, or employee of Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc. (“Sponsor”) or their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, or service agencies, who is directly involved in the planning or execution of the Sweepstakes ; (b) any other individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Sweepstakes or engaged in the administration or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, with the entities listed in 2(a), the “Sweepstakes Entities”); and (c) persons who are or purport to be immediate family members (defined as biological or step-mother/ father, sister, brother, daughter, son, dependent or spouse of any of the foregoing) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, or who reside in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, county and local laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY (SEE RULE #4 FOR DETAILS): During the Sweepstakes Period, purchase a Specialized Roubaix road bike from a participating retailer and follow the links and instructions provided by the participating retailer to register your bike via the Specialized Ride App or online at www.specialized.com. Within 72 hours following successful registration of your bike, you will receive an email from Sponsor and must follow the instructions in the email to receive one (1) entry, which includes providing your true first and last name, mailing address (optional), working phone number (optional), and email address. Registering your Specialized Roubaix road bike via the Specialized Ride App or online at www.specialized.com is free of charge. All registration entries must be received by March 16, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM PT to be eligible for the Sweepstakes drawing. These Official Rules apply to the Sweepstakes and entry into the Sweepstakes is deemed acceptance of these Official Rules.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or register the same Specialized Roubaix road bike. Any attempt by any entrant to use multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of disqualification, any prize that entrant might have been otherwise entitled to will not be awarded.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with registration. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the registered email address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. If you do not have Internet access via a personal computer, your local library or Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
4. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: To enter without purchasing or registering a Specialized Roubaix road bike, on a 3” x 5” card or piece of paper, hand-print your full name, complete address, phone number (with area code), date of birth and email address, and mail it to: Specialized “The Cobbles are Calling” Sweepstakes, Free To Enter, attn: Dillon Hollinger, Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc., 15130 Concord Circle, Morgan Hill, CA 95037. Requests must be postmarked by March 16, 2020 and received no later than March 20, 2020 to be considered.
Only one (1) request per postcard allowed. Entries mechanically reproduced or made in any fashion other than as specified herein are void.
Limit of one (1) entry per person using only one (1) email address throughout the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries submitted by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, entries by any means which subvert the entry process and entries made in any fashion other than as specified herein are void. All entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. RANDOM SWEEPSTAKES DRAW: At approximately 2:00 PM PT on March 23, 2020, Sponsor will randomly draw five (5) entries (each a “Potential Winner” and, if verified, “Winner”) from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Potential Winner will be subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
6. PRIZES (5): Each winner will receive trip for winner to attend the Paris-Roubaix road race, scheduled to take place in Paris, France on April 12, 2020. Trip package includes: roundtrip, coach class air transportation from an international gateway airport near winner’s residence to Belgium, Brussels, three (3) nights’ accommodation (single room) at a hotel selected by Sponsor, ground shuttle transportation to race event activities throughout the trip, meals for winner throughout the trip (i.e., daily breakfast, boxed lunches and evening dinners provided Sponsor) and general ticket access and attendance to the race. Each winner will also have the opportunity to bring their bike on the trip and can drop their bike off at a local shop to arrange for shipping. Sponsor will arrange to ship back to the local shop selected and will reimburse the winners for any shipping costs. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each trip prize: $2,500.
Winner must travel between April 10-13, 2020 or prize will be forfeited. Travel must be round trip. Winner must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid government issued photo ID, visa and passport as applicable) and any applicable inoculations prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, additional ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of each winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if any aspect of the prize or trip is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All applicable federal, state and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), if any, and all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including without limitation additional ground transportation, meals, souvenirs, luggage fees, incidentals and gratuities, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Released Parties (as defined below) disclaim all and any liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any prize (or portion thereof) accepted by winner. The awarding of any prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules.
Total ARV of all Sweepstakes Prizes: $12,500.
Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of a prize will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, or redeemable for cash, and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
7. HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE: Potential Winners will be contacted by phone, email and/or mail at the address, email, or telephone number provided with the entry, with instructions on how to claim the prize. Potential Winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where lawful, a publicity release, within five (5) business days from the time it is postmarked as having been sent by the Sponsor or its representative, or the prize will be forfeited and, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or Sponsor is unable to contact a Potential Winner within five (5) business days, or in the event that a prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, prize may be awarded to an alternate Potential Winner. Sponsor may select up to three (3) alternate prize winners; thereafter, if a potential prize winner cannot be verified in accordance with these Official Rules, the prize will not be awarded. Potential Winners may be required to furnish proof of identification.
The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason outside of their control. Prizes will only be delivered to verified Winners. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants.
By accepting a prize, each Winner agrees and consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and county of residence), voice, and statements relating to the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including the internet, without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
8. By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge and represent that they are in full compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and all associated entries will be void.
9. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible, or incomplete submissions of requests/entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. All entries become the property of Sponsor and in no case shall be returned to sender.
10. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant's registration in the Sweepstakes (and void all associated entries) or entitlement to a prize if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by tampering, cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any entries or points generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process).
11. Entrants agree that the conditions of submission set forth in these Official Rules, and all documents and agreements incorporated in these Official Rules by reference, solely govern the relationship between entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. Sponsor may use third parties to facilitate one or more elements of the Sweepstakes. These third-party service providers are subject to confidentiality agreements with Sponsor and other legal restrictions that prohibit the use of the information Sponsor provides them for any other purpose except to facilitate the specific outsourced Sponsor related operation.
Sponsor agrees to ensure that all data collected during the course of the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, name, mailing address, phone number, and email address will only be used for the purpose of administering the Sweepstakes.
As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES), INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”), RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SPONSOR SITE OR ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS, AND NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT IN ANY WAY ANY ENTITY'S LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, FOR FRAUD OR FOR ANY OTHER WHERE LIABILITY MAY NOT AS A MATTER OF LAW BE LIMITED.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates these Official Rules, any other rules, guidance or instructions set out by the Sponsor in promotional material relating to the Sweepstakes or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Entry.
12. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, without regard to any other conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, county, and local courts of the State of California.
13. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify and/or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes (such as force majeure events) impairs the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to randomly select the Winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to time of such cancellation. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in these Official Rules.
14. The Sweepstakes Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to: (a) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; or (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or (c) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of points or entries, or the offering or announcement of any prize or in any winner notification documents; or (d) for any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (f) damage to a user's system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for lost, late, delayed, garbled, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, damaged or undelivered mail, email, or entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery.
15. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys' fees) from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void) and will forfeit any prize won. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. Notwithstanding anything elsewhere in these Official Rules, no person’s or entity’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence shall be limited in any way, and nor shall their ability for fraud or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited or excluded. Where these Official Rules provide for discretion exercisable by a Sweepstakes Entity that could otherwise be capable of causing a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligation hereunder, to the detriment of a consumer and contrary to the requirement of good faith, shall be exercised reasonably and in good faith.
17. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
18. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Sponsor's employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
19. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, county, and municipal laws.
20. This Sweepstakes is solely sponsored by Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc., 15130 Concord Circle, Morgan Hill, CA 95037 USA.
21. For a list of the winners, available after April 2, 2020, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Specialized “The Cobbles are Calling” Winner’s List, attn: Dillon Hollinger, Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc., 15130 Concord Circle, Morgan Hill, CA 95037. Requests must be received no later than May 2, 2020.