FOR OVER TWO DECADES the Rockhopper has been the best hardtail for any rider looking for thrills and adventure over a wide variety of terrain. The Rockhopper's M4 alloy frame and premium specs deliver category-leading efficiency, value and dependable handling.
- The Rockhopper’s M4 manipulated alloy frame is fully butted for lightweight strength and features mounts for cantilever brakes.
- The 100mm-travel suspension fork has external preload and rebound adjustments and lockout for easy fine-tuning.
- The 3D-forged alloy stem features an oversized 31.8mm bar-clamp area for solid, precise steering.
- The oversized-diameter, 640mm-wide Specialized handlebar features a comfort-increasing 8-degree upsweep and 8-degree backsweep.
- The medium cage rear derailleur gives reliable, precise gear changes.
- The 8-speed trigger shifters give quick shifts with the flick of a finger (or thumb).
- The XC-specific crankset utilizes Shimano’s splined Octalink BB interface for smooth-spinning power transfer.
- The wheels feature an Alex RH 26 rim—double walled for strength with CNC-machined sidewalls for better braking—paired with stainless spokes and alloy nipples.
- The high-volume Specialized Fast Trak LK Sport tires have a reduced knob height for lower rolling resistance, without giving up an ounce of traction.