Specialized statement on COVID-19 Read Here
If you're the one in your group that's always getting followed on the trail, the Rockhopper Expert 29 is here to make sure that it stays that way. We built it to be light, durable, and exceedingly capable, but how we did it is far more interesting. It all starts with an alloy construction that'll resist corrosion and take a beating, while the components are purposefully selected to squeeze every last drop of performance for the money. But what we're most proud of is the Rockhopper's Trail 29 Geometry. It features a low bottom bracket, roomy top tube, and short chainstays to keep you ripping and confident both up and down the trail.
- 29" alloy Stout XC rims have been laced to our Stout XC hubs to form wheels that allow you mow over everything in sight, climb gracefully, and get to the bottom of the trail eager for more.
- Custom SR Suntour XCR-Air 29 fork features 80/100mm (size-specific) of suspension travel that swings well above its weight class.
- With reliable traction, puncture-resistance, and sheer speed over the dirt, our 29x2.1" Ground Control Sport tires will keep you rolling with confidence over almost any terrain.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 SL aluminum in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support our acclaimed Trail 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and eager to get down to business on descents.
|FRAME||Specialized A1 SL Aluminum, Trail 29 Geometry, fully-butted tube sets, ORE down tube, tapered head tube, forged dropouts, disc mount, replaceable derailleur hanger|
|HEADSET||1-1/8"" upper, 1-1/2"" lower, threadless, Campy style, cartridge bearings|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, nylon/glass fiber washer, QR, 34.9mm|
|FORK||Custom SR Suntour XCR-AIR 29, air spring, S: 80mm travel, M/L/XL: 100mm travel, integrated remote hydraulic lockout w/ rebound adjust, preload adjust, tapered alloy steerer, mag lowers, Hi-Ten 32mm stanchions, disc mount|
|RIMS||Specialized Stout XC 29, disc, alloy, double-wall, pin joint, 26mm inner width, 28/32h|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized Stout XC, Hi Lo disc, alloy, RCC bearing system, QR, 28h|
|SPOKES||Stainless, 14g, black|
|REAR HUB||Specialized Stout XC, Hi Lo disc, alloy, RCC bearing system, QR, 32h|
|FRONT TIRE||Specialized Ground Control Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, 29x2.1""|
|REAR TIRE||Specialized Ground Control Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, 29x2.1""|
|INNER TUBES||Standard, Presta valve|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||SRAM X5, 2x10, high mount|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Deore Shadow, 10-speed|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Deore RapidFire Plus, 10-speed, I-spec|
|CASSETTE||Sunrace, 10-speed, 11-36t|
|CHAIN||KMC X10, 10-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink|
|CRANKSET||Specialized Stout XC, 2x10, 2 pc., 24mm spindle, 36/22T, anti-corrosion hardware|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Samox, 24mm BSA for 2 pc. design, 73mm|
|STEM||Specialized Stout, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise, anti-corrosion hardware|
|GRIPS||Specialized Body Geometry XC Contour, Kraton w/ gel, lock-on, closed end|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Stout, flat bar, double-butted 6061 alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 31.8mm|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry mountain, steel rails, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||Alloy, 2-bolt, micro-adjust, 12.5mm offset, 30.9mm, anti-corrosion hardware|
|FRONT BRAKE||Tektro Gemini, hydraulic disc, resin pads, I-spec compatible|
|REAR BRAKE||Tektro Gemini, hydraulic disc, resin pads, I-spec compatible|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Tektro Gemini, hydraulic, reach adjust, I-spec compatible|
|PEDALS||Alloy, 1 pc. body, 9/16"", w/ reflectors|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice