Specialized statement on COVID-19 Read Here
Inside Tech Building a hardtail frame that'll last a lifetime and is still light enough to ride isn't easy, but in the 25-plus years that we've been building mountain bikes, we've learned a thing or two. For the Hardrock we use a 100% proprietary, butted A1 alloy tubeset that is light, but still tough because we put the material only where it needs to be. Optimized Radius Engineering top and down tubes add even more brawn and still manage to shave weight.
- A1 Premium Aluminum frame, disc only, double butted TT, ORE DT, externally relieved head tube, reinforced disc mount, forged dropouts
- SR Suntour SF7-XCM Fork, 100mm travel (12": 80mm) and 30mmHi-Ten stanchions
- Specialized 3D forged alloy stem, two bolt, 25.4mm, 10 degree rise
- Avid BB-5 mechanical disc brakes, 6" Clean Sweep rotor
- Shimano BB-ES25 bottom bracket, Octalink spline, cartridge bearings