In cross country, you can't put a price on reliability or performance, but seldom do you find both in one bike. That is, until the Epic Pro Carbon World Cup. Its chassis features a lightweight carbon construction, while the rear end is made from strong and stiff aluminum for added durability. Its build and World Cup XC Geometry, however, are purpose-built for speed. At the fork and rear shock, you'll find our proprietary Brain technology. This intelligent system is able to interpret the difference between rider and trail input, so it stays firm under effort and plush over bumps. Meanwhile, the geometry is tighter and one-by-specific in order to deliver an explosive power transfer. And when you finish it off with a SWAT Tool Cradle and a mix of Shimano brakes SRAM X01 11-speed components, you get a bike that's ready for any course or trail.
- SRAM's X01 groupset features a wide gear range that delivers climbing and descending efficiency in spades. On top of this, the one-by setup is notorious for being next to impossible to drop a chain with, plus it provides a significant weight savings in comparison to a standard two-by setup.
- By pairing a FACT 9m carbon fiber frame w/ a M5 alloy rear end with our World Cup XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on tight tube angles and light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit.
- Roval Control Carbon 29 wheels are lightweight and hand-built to deliver sheer speed on climbs and sprints, while the 22mm internal width lends itself to ample control and nimbleness on technical descents.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up, 95mm of fine-tunable suspension, and our Spike Valve technology for enhanced performance in the corners and rough terrain. To maximize efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.
- RockShox RS-1 Brain fork is arguably the most sought-after fork in XC racing. Compared to a traditional fork, its inverted design creates a carbon fiber upper that provides superior stiffness, while behaving with more sensitivity to small bumps and more control over larger hits. And with Brain technology, these characteristics are amplified and even more efficient. It also includes our Spike Valve technology that minimizes yaw in cornering, while providing maximum travel in high velocity impacts.