Business in the front, party in the back—this could be an accurate way to describe the Epic Expert Carbon. It features a carbon fiber chassis and a durable M5 aluminum rear end in order to achieve the perfect blend of lightweight, stiffness, and durability. Maximizing these performance characteristics is our Brain technology at the fork and rear shock. What's Brain? It's an intelligent system that's able to interpret the difference between rider and trail input, so it stays firm under effort and plush over bumps. Meanwhile, our XC 29 Geometry ensures nimble handling and an efficient power transfer, and it's purpose-built to run double-ring setups for an ultra-wide range of gears. And to round everything out are a build kit and carbon wheels that deliver equal parts durability and high performance.
- The RockShox SID Brain 29 fork provides 100mm of efficient travel. It features Brain technology that distinguishes between terrain and rider input in order to maximize your power, while a Brain Fade adjusts the oil flow when not hitting bumps.
- The chassis was built from FACT 9m carbon fiber for its lightweight and stiff composition, while M5 aluminum was used at the rear end for its strength and durability. And when paired with our XC 29 Geometry, you get a bike that's prepared to dominate a diverse variety of course types.
- Roval Control Carbon 29 wheels are lightweight and hand-built to deliver sheer speed on climbs and sprints, while the 22mm internal width lends itself to ample control and nimbleness on technical descents.
- A mix of Shimano XT and XTR 11-speed components handle drivetrain duties. Combined, the pairing ensures the optimal blend of durability and precision through their reliable alloy construction and wide range of gearing.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up and 100mm of fine-tunable suspension. To maximize efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.