Make no qualms about it—this World Cup version of the Epic Expert Carbon is purpose-built for racing. Compared to the "standard" version of this Epic, the World Cup features shorter tube lengths and chainstays and a significantly tighter geometry. Why? For more explosive power transfer and nimbler handling, of course. Additionally, it's specifically designed for one-by setups, which comes with the added benefit of an oversized chainstay for enhanced rigidity and power transfer to the rear end. Then you'll find our Brain technology at the fork and rear shock. What's Brain? It's an intelligent system that's able to interpret the difference between rider and trail input, so it stays firm under effort and plush over bumps. And when you add in a SRAM one-by kit, Shimano brakes, and hand-built Roval carbon wheels, you'll find that there's nothing holding you back in putting out sheer speed.
- The RockShox SID Brain 29 fork provides 100mm of efficient travel. It features Brain technology that distinguishes between terrain and rider input in order to maximize your power, while a Brain Fade adjusts the oil flow when not hitting bumps.
- By pairing a FACT 9m carbon fiber frame w/ a M5 alloy rear end with our World Cup XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on tight tube angles and light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up and 95mm of fine-tunable suspension. To maximize efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.
- Roval Control Carbon 29 wheels are lightweight and hand-built to deliver sheer speed on climbs and sprints, while the 22mm internal width lends itself to ample control and nimbleness on technical descents.
- A blend of SRAM's X01 and X1 components comprise the one-by drivetrain. Together, they provide a lightweight, precise, and efficient platform for both climbing and descending.