Where speed meets downright tough, you'll find our Epic Elite Carbon World Cup. Compared to a "standard" Epic, you'll find that the World Cup features shorter tube lengths and chainstays and a significantly tighter geometry. Why? Two reasons: more explosive power transfer and nimbler handling. And when coupled with the Elite's carbon chassis and M5 alloy rear end, you start to get the full picture of how this bike is balanced. But if you need more clarity, look no further than its build. It features a powerful mix of workhorse components from SRAM and Shimano, hand-built alloy wheels, and one of the most sought after suspension systems in the world—complete with our ultra-efficient Brain technology. So if you need a XC rig that can dish it out season after season, you've come to the right place.
- SRAM's X1 one-by groupset controls the drivetrain, offering up reliable performance and a wide range of gears for both the climbs and descents. Compared to a typical two-by setup, X1 shows weight savings, less required maintenance, and minimal chance of chain drop, making it perfectly suited for the task at hand.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up and 95mm of fine-tunable suspension. To maximize efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.
- Roval Control 29 alloy wheels are hand-built to achieve the perfect tension and true, with the added benefit of ensuring a longer lifespan. However, the lightweight construction lends itself to sheer speed on climbs, while the wide design makes for an agile and confident wheel for descents.
- The RockShox SID Brain 29 fork provides 100mm of efficient travel. It features Brain technology that distinguishes between terrain and rider input in order to maximize your power, while a Brain Fade adjusts the oil flow when not hitting bumps.
- By pairing a FACT 9m carbon fiber frame w/ a M5 alloy rear end with our World Cup XC 29 Geometry, this Epic places a focus on tight tube angles and light overall weight for explosive speed and nimble handling on the race circuit.