What makes a cross country mountain bike fast? Is it carbon and digital everything, or is it the perfect geometry, suspension, and attention to detail? Given the choice, we'll take the latter. That's why we constructed the Epic Comp from our lightweight, stiff, and reliable M5 aluminum, while the geo follows our XC 29 Geometry for explosive power, incredible speeds, and nimble handling. For the suspension, we included our Brain technology at the rear shock. This intelligent system is able to interprets the difference between rider and trail input, so it stays firm under effort and plush over bumps. And for the build, you'll find a mix of Shimano & SRAM 2x10 components that deliver a wide range of gears, dependable performance, and the assurance of durability for season after season of use.
- Given its lightweight and ultra-stiff characteristics, M5 aluminum was the natural choice for the frame's construction. And when complemented with our speed-focused XC 29 Geometry and internal cable routing, you get a bike that compromises nothing in delivering explosive speed and hassle-free maintenance.
- A RockShox Reba RL 29 fork offers up 100mm of smooth travel, while an easily accessible compression and rebound adjusts permit you to customize the feel according to the terrain at hand.
- Shimano Deore M506 brake calipers and levers provide no-fuss dependability and feel in the brake department, ensuring that you have reliable hydraulic braking power over rough terrain
- Roval 29 alloy wheels feature a 21mm internal width, making them plenty stiff and lightweight for XC racing.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up and 100mm of fine-tunable suspension. To maximize efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.