All over the globe, dirt road riding and gravel road racing is exploding in popularity. For some, its appeal lies in riding beautiful, scenic roads in quiet and traffic-free isolation, rebelling against that standard definition of 'road riding' and getting out there. For riders like Dan Hughes, it's also tied to the feeling you get when crossing the finish line at tough events like the Dirty Kanza 200. And Dan should know—he's won this challenging race 4 times. "The Kanza surprises you," he says. "It's tougher and prettier than you think it's going to be, and ultimately, it's more rewarding that you could imagine." Dan knows that to win a race like the Kanza, you need a mix of good luck and special equipment. That's why it was a no-brainer to get his input on the ultimate race machine for events like this. The CruX Evo is his dream rig, and with only 100 going into production, that dream is going to become reality for a select few.
- Specialized FACT 10r carbon disc frame with Race geometry, features tapered headtube and OSBB for greater stiffness, acceleration, and handling
- FACT carbon disc fork with tapered steerer provides ample tire clearance and the best balance of strength, stiffness, and compliance
- Race-ready Roval Rapide CL40 disc wheels, fitted with Specialized Trigger folding tires for reliable traction on all course conditions
- New Shimano Di2 Hydraulic STI
- Fully-integrated emergency repair SWAT kit, featuring storage, water bottle holder, air canister and multi-tool
- Specialized Body Geometry Toupe Expert saddle with CG-R seatpost