Free shipping on orders over $150.
Cross country mountain bikes require a separate list of demands than most other mountain bikes. They need to be light, stiff, and ready to race—all while being compliant enough for tough hauls on race day. With this in mind, we built the Crave Expert 29. It features a M4 Premium Aluminum construction that's lightweight and stiff for climbing efficiency, while our XC 29 Geometry ensures a proper power transfer to the rear wheel and plenty of comfort for when the trail gets rough. And when you factor in light, durable, and precise components, a one-by drivetrain, and a plush RockShox fork, you get a bike that's as eager to perform as you are.
- M4 Premium Aluminum proved to be the right material for the job, allowing a lightweight, durable frame with our XC 29 Geometry for an efficient power transfer and handling at speed.
- A RockShox Reba RL fork was developed to deliver 80/100mm (size-specific) of plush, trail taming travel for reliable handling and durability over rough, bumpy, or loose terrain.
- Our Stout XC Pro 29" rims have been laced to hubs of the same name, and when combined, you get a light wheelset with plenty of stiffness and control over mixed terrain.
- Shimano Deore M506 brake calipers and levers provide no-fuss dependability and feel in the brake department, ensuring that you have reliable hydraulic braking power over rough terrain.
- 29x2.1" Ground Control (front) and 29x2.0" Fast Trak (rear) tires provide plenty of traction over a multitude of terrain types, while still remaining one of the fastest tires for XC racing in our fleet.
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Race Face BSA, for 2 pc., 73mm shell|
|CHAIN||KMC X10L, 10-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink|
|CRANKSET||Race Face Æffect, BSA BB, 24mm spindle, 30T direct mount ring|
|CASSETTE||Custom Sunrace, wide range, 10-speed, 11-40t|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Deore RapidFire Plus, SL type, 10-speed, I-spec|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano XT Shadow Plus, 10-speed, SGS cage|
|FORK||RockShox Reba RL 29, Solo Air spring, S: 80mm travel, M/L/XL: 100mm travel, TurnKey damping w/ OneLoc remote lockout, external rebound adjust, tapered alloy steerer, 32mm alloy stanchions, disc mount|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Henge, thin padding, steel rails, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||Alloy, 2-bolt, 12.5mm offset, 27.2mm, anti-corrosion hardware|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Stout XC, flat bar, double-butted 6061 alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 31.8mm|
|GRIPS||Specialized Sip Grip, light lock-on, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness|
|STEM||Specialized Stout XC, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise, anti-corrosion hardware|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized Stout XC Pro, Hi Lo disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, QR, 24h|
|REAR HUB||Specialized Stout XC Pro, Hi Lo disc, alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, QR, 28h|
|INNER TUBES||Standard, Presta valve|
|SPOKES||Stainless, 14g, black|
|RIMS||Specialized Stout XC Pro 29, disc, alloy, double-wall, sleeve joint, 26mm inner width, tubeless ready, 24/28h|
|FRONT TIRE||Specialized Ground Control, 60TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 29x2.1""|
|REAR TIRE||Specialized Fast Trak Control, 60TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 29x2.0""|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Shimano Deore, hydraulic, reach adjust|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano Deore, hydraulic disc, dual piston, resin pads|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano Deore, hydraulic disc, dual piston, resin pads|
|PEDALS||Alloy, 1 pc. body, 9/16"", w/ reflectors|
|HEADSET||1-1/8"" upper, 1-1/2"" lower, threadless, Campy style, cartridge bearings|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 31.8mm|
|FRAME||Specialized M4 Premium Aluminum, XC 29 Geometry, fully-butted w/ smooth welds, tapered head tube, tapered seat tube, forged post-mount 160mm disc dropouts, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice