Cross country mountain bikes require a separate list of demands than most other mountain bikes. They need to be light, stiff, and ready to race—all while being compliant enough for tough hauls on race day. With this in mind, we built the Crave Expert 29. It features a M4 Premium Aluminum construction that's lightweight and stiff for climbing efficiency, while our XC 29 Geometry ensures a proper power transfer to the rear wheel and plenty of comfort for when the trail gets rough. And when you factor in light, durable, and precise components, a one-by drivetrain, and a plush RockShox fork, you get a bike that's as eager to perform as you are.
- M4 Premium Aluminum proved to be the right material for the job, allowing a lightweight, durable frame with our XC 29 Geometry for an efficient power transfer and handling at speed.
- A RockShox Reba RL fork was developed to deliver 80/100mm (size-specific) of plush, trail taming travel for reliable handling and durability over rough, bumpy, or loose terrain.
- Our Stout XC Pro 29" rims have been laced to hubs of the same name, and when combined, you get a light wheelset with plenty of stiffness and control over mixed terrain.
- Shimano Deore M506 brake calipers and levers provide no-fuss dependability and feel in the brake department, ensuring that you have reliable hydraulic braking power over rough terrain.
- 29x2.1" Ground Control (front) and 29x2.0" Fast Trak (rear) tires provide plenty of traction over a multitude of terrain types, while still remaining one of the fastest tires for XC racing in our fleet.