The base model Carve Comp 29 was designed to cruise fast-rolling singletrack. With an 80mm-travel RockShox XC32 fork, plus Shimano drivetrain and hydraulic disc brakes, the Carve Comp 29 is a capable and affordable cross-country machine.
- Fully butted, smooth-welded M4SL alloy frame is superlight, stiff, and efficient, with 29er XC geometry, integrated, tapered head tube for front-end stiffness, plus bridge-less seatstays for compliance over bumps
- 80mm-travel RockShox XC32 29" fork with lockout, size-specific spring rates, and external rebound/preload adjust for quick, fine-tuning plus tapered alloy steerer for precision handling and light weight
- Light and stiff, double-walled alloy rims for added stiffness, front hub has cartridge bearings and oversized dropout interface for front-end rigidity
- Light and efficient 29" Specialized The Captain Control tires are 2Bliss Ready with aramid bead for fast and predictable speed and control on the trail
- Shimano Alivio crankset with forged alloy arms, Octalink-splined BB interface, and alloy outer ring means greater durability, lighter weight, and better shifting performance
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes use 180mm front rotor for increased leverage on 29" wheels, while 160mm rear rotor keeps weight low
- Shimano SLX Shadow 9-speed rear derailleur for lightweight, precise shifting, and improved clearance