We've been there. The trail can be a pretty intimidating place—intimidating, that is, until you hit it on the right bike. The Rockhopper 29 is the bike for you to find your confidence on the trail. It features our Trail 29 Geometry that will keep you feeling planted and comfortable over bumpy terrain, while the lightweight aluminum construction and durable, performance-driven components will have you flying up the trail in no time. It's the perfect start to a beautiful relationship.
- The frame is constructed from A1 Premium aluminum in order to provide a lightweight, durable platform to support our acclaimed Trail 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's efficient on climbs and eager on descents.
- Custom SR Suntour XCT 29 fork pairs a coil spring with our Multi-Circuit Damping technology to eliminate any "pogo" effect by delivering 80/100mm (size-specific) of hydraulic damped suspension and rebound that smooths out rough terrain.
- With reliable traction, puncture-resistance, and sheer speed over the dirt, our 29x2.1" Ground Control Sport tires will keep you rolling with confidence over almost any terrain.
- 29" alloy rims have been laced to our Stout hubs to form wheels that allow you mow over everything in sight, climb gracefully, and get to the bottom of the trail eager for more.
|CHAIN||KMC X8, 8-speed, w/ reusable MissingLink|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Square taper, cartridge bearings|
|CRANKSET||Specialized Stout, forged alloy, 8-speed, semi-replaceable rings, square taper spindle, 42/32/22T|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Altus, high mount, bottom swing, dual pull|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Altus RapidFire Plus, SL type, optical display|
|CASSETTE||Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-34t|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Acera Shadow, 8-speed|
|FORK||Custom SR Suntour XCT 29, custom Multi-Circuit Damping, coil spring, S: 80mm travel, M/L/XL: 100mm travel, preload adjust, 1-1/8"" steerer, alloy lowers, Hi-Ten 28mm stanchions, disc mount|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry mountain, steel rails, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||Alloy, 2-bolt, micro-adjust, 12.5mm offset, 30.9mm, anti-corrosion hardware|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Stout, flat bar, double-butted 6061 alloy, 10-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 31.8mm|
|GRIPS||Specialized Body Geometry XCT, Kraton w/ gel, lock-on, closed end|
|STEM||Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized Stout, Hi Lo disc, alloy, double-sealed, ground race, QR, 32h|
|REAR HUB||Specialized Stout, Hi Lo disc, alloy, double-sealed, loose ball bearings, QR, 32h|
|INNER TUBES||Standard, Schrader valve|
|RIMS||29"", disc, alloy, double-wall, pin joint, 25mm inner width, 32h|
|FRONT TIRE||Specialized Ground Control Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, 29x2.1""|
|REAR TIRE||Specialized Ground Control Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, 29x2.1""|
|FRONT BRAKE||Tektro Auriga, hydraulic disc, resin/metallic pads|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Tektro Auriga, hydraulic, reach adjust|
|REAR BRAKE||Tektro Auriga, hydraulic disc, resin/metallic pads|
|PEDALS||Plastic, 9/16"", w/ reflectors|
|HEADSET||1-1/8"" upper/lower, ZeroStack 44, steel cups, loose ball bearings|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, nylon/glass fiber washer, QR, 34.9mm|
|FRAME||Specialized A1 Premium Aluminum, Trail 29 Geometry ORE down tube, butted tube sets, externally relieved head tube, forged dropouts, reinforced disc mount, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice