Specialized statement on COVID-19 Read Here
Specialized statement on COVID-19
Contact your local retailer for store hours & COVID-19 safety measures.
What are your terms and conditions?
Good question. Here's a link to our complete terms and conditions.
Where are your international offices?
Specialized USA is a separate entity from Specialized in other countries across the world. As such, there are different policies, procedures, and laws to which Specialized abides to in different countries. To address this concern with the appropriate people, you will need to contact Specialized in your country of residence. Clicking the following link will provide you with the necessary contact information for all of the different Specialized entities across the globe: International Subsidiaries and Distributors
Does Specialized offer a Military Discount?
Unfortunately, we do not offer a Military Discount at this time.
Can Specialized sponsor me, my team, or my event?
As sponsorship and donations can affect our retailers and business in their area, these requests must now be made directly through them. If your local retailer is on board with your cause, and or feels that you would be a good athlete ambassador for our products, they can help you get available sponsorship support through their sales and account representatives.
Being a sponsored athlete is a privilege and responsibility. It is not for everyone, and unfortunately, sponsorship cannot be offered to all that request this support. As a sponsored athlete or event, you are expected to promote the sport, services, and products of both your local retailer and Specialized with class and dignity. You should only contact your local retailer regarding sponsorship opportunities if you are serious about promoting and being an ambassador for your local retailer and Specialized.
How do I contact a Specialized Representative?
The best way to find a retailer in your area is to make sure you are logged into your region on our website and then use the "Find a Retailer" link located at the top of the page. There, you will find contact information for a Specialized representative, or you can use the contact information below:
Specialized Bicycle Components
15130 Concord Circle
Morgan Hill, California 95037
Office: (408) 779-6229
Rider Care: (877) 808-8154
Where can I test ride a Specialized Bike?
The best way to test ride a Specialized is at one of our test demos. Click here to see if and when our test van will be in your part of the country. We have seven of them traveling around, so one will probably roll through your area soon.
Some retailers also offer demo bikes. Check with your local retailer to see if this is an available option.
How do I update my account information?
You can change your account information by selecting Login/Register. Enter your email address and password to view your account information. You can update your email address, name, password, billing/shipping information, and your preferred riding style.
What is your warranty policy?
Specialized bicycles are sold exclusively through our network of authorized dealers. Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc. provides each original retail purchaser of a new Specialized bicycle or frameset with a limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship as follows:
- Frames and forks
- Suspension attachment points and related equipment (pivot points, bushings, chain stays, seat stays, shock links, fasteners) on bikes sold after 2008
- Suspension attachment points and related equipment (pivot points, bushings, chain stays, seat stays, shock links, fasteners) on bikes sold before 2009
- Components attached to the bicycle/frameset (saddle, wheels, drive train, brakes, seatpost, crankset, handlebars, stem, baskets, racks, etc.)
Some branded and co-branded equipment may have additional warranty coverage offered by the specific manufacturer.
This limited warranty is conditioned upon the bicycle being operated under normal conditions and use and is properly maintained. Please note that this is only valid for the original owner.
This warranty does not cover regular maintenance such as bike tuning, wheel truing, spoke tensioning, cable replacing, wear and tear, or damage due to an accident, abuse, or neglect.
To obtain benefits under this warranty, the bicycle or frameset must be presented to an authorized Specialized dealer on the same continent on which the bicycle was purchased, together with a proof of purchase. Only authorized Specialized dealers are authorized to perform warranty service. Should the bicycle, frameset, or any part thereof be determined by Specialized to be covered by this warranty, it will be repaired or replaced with the most comparable option at Specialized's sole option.
The original owner shall pay all labor charges connected with the repair or replacement of all parts. Under no circumstances does the limited warranty include the cost of travel or shipment to and/or from an authorized Specialized dealer.
This limited warranty is not transferable and does not apply to:
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage or failure to accident, collision, crash, misuse, abuse, or neglect
- Improper assembly or installation
- Improper alteration or installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the Specialized bicycle as it was sold
- Failure to perform maintenance or service at appropriate intervals supported by records of such maintenance
- Non-genuine Specialized products
- Specialized products not purchased new from an authorized Specialized dealer. (i.e. eBay, PinkBike, or any other second-hand purchase)
If you have any other questions or concerns about the Specialized warranty policy, please contact Specialized at (877) 808-8154 or [email protected]
How do I register my bike?
Any Specialized-brand bicycle can be registered by its proper owner from our website. You can access the registration form directly or you can access the form at any time by clicking "Bicycle Registration" at the bottom.
To register your bike, you will need the serial number from underneath the bottom bracket on your bike. Registration is advantageous in that it provides us with a way to give local police ownership information on recovered stolen bikes. It is also useful in warranty- and service-related situations.
Ordering & Shipping
How does Home Delivery work?
With our new home delivery option, you can purchase a bike on Specialized.com and select ‘Home Delivery’ during check out to have your bike delivered to your door where available. With this option, bikes purchased on Specialized.com will be shipped to a participating local retailer of your choice, where the bike will be professionally built, then delivered to you, ready to ride.
You will receive email notifications when the bike has shipped to the retailer, when the retailer has received the bike, and then when the bike is ready so you can schedule delivery with your retailer. The delivery charge is calculated during check out and all appropriate social distancing and sanitization best practices will be followed.
All bikes purchased using Home Delivery are covered under Specialized’s Global Warranty Policy and we gladly accept returns within 14 days as described in our Home Delivery and Pick Up In-Store return policy.
I'm looking for a product that's not online. What do I do?
Specialized produces many proprietary parts for our bikes that require a certain level of expertise and knowledge to install. These parts are not available for purchase directly from us. The way to order service parts is by having your local retailer contact their Retail Care representative to set up a special order for you.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact Specialized Rider Care at (877) 808-8154 or [email protected]
How do I determine the size of my bike?
First, look over your frame to see if there are any stickers indicating its size (for example: 17, 19, M, L, 56, 58, etc.). If a sticker indicating the size does not exist, then follow these simple steps:
1. Measure the length of your bicycle's head tube. The head tube is the part of the frame that the front fork inserts into. It is the forward most part or "tube" of the frame and it is arranged in a slight angle off of vertical. You will need to measure this length in millimeters.
2. Once you have the length of your bicycle's head tube in millimeters, you can then compare that length to the geometry chart for your corresponding year and model of bicycle. A geometry chart is a chart that lists all of the important measurements of your bicycle's frame in relation to each size the bicycle was made in. The geometry chart for your specific model and year (as well as other valuable information about your specific bicycle model) can be found in the archive section of the Specialized website. The archive section can be found by hovering your mouse cursor over the red Specialized banner in the upper left hand corner of any page on the website, then clicking on "Bikes" then clicking on "Archive."
3. Once you've located your specific model and year in the online archive, click on the "Geometry" tab located under the photo of your bicycle. This will show you the geometry chart for your specific model and year in accordance with all of the sizes the bicycle came in.
4. Locate the row in the geometry chart labeled "head tube length" and scan across the row until you find the measurement that matches the measurement that you took from your bicycle's head tube.
5. One you've found a match, scan to the top of that column and you'll see the corresponding size of your bicycle.
Note: A serial number does not indicate the size, model, or year of a bicycle. We will not be able to tell you this information with only the serial number. If you do not know the model and year of your bicycle, you will need to find it manually via the photos in the online archive.
Can I repair a crashed helmet?
Helmets are not repairable. We recommend that you replace the helmet if you hit your head at all. Even the slightest hit can compromise the integrity of the helmet. You simply need to take your crashed helmet into a local Specialized retailer, and they can help you process that as a loyalty replacement and give you 20% off the retail price of a new helmet. Please note that the loyalty replacement does not pertain to helmets that are older than three years old.
Returns And Exchanges
Can I return an item to Specialized that I purchased from a Specialized retailer?
To return an item purchased from a Specialized retailer, please contact the retailer directly. The Online Store is unable to process returns of Specialized merchandise purchased through your local retailer.