What's your 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee?
We want you to be completely satisfied your purchase. A copy of our policy, along with a return/exchange form, is shipped out with every order. Should an item that was purchased through the online store fails to meet your expectations, we'll gladly accept its return within 30 days of the original purchase. An exchange can also be made within 30 days for the exact item in a different size or color. It is not possible to do an exchange for an item that is of a different price, however. Please note that this only applies to online store purchases from the United States store. For the return policy on a purchase made at your local Specialized retailer, you'll need to ask them individually about their policies.
What are your terms and conditions?
Good question. Here's a link to our complete terms and conditions.
Where are your international offices?
Specialized USA is a separate entity from Specialized in other countries across the world. As such, there are different policies, procedures, and laws to which Specialized abides to in different countries. To address this concern with the appropriate people, you will need to contact Specialized in your country of residence. Clicking the following link will provide you with the necessary contact information for all of the different Specialized entities across the globe: International Subsidiaries and Distributors
Does Specialized offer a Military Discount?
Unfortunately, we do not offer a Military Discount at this time.
Can Specialized sponsor me, my team, or my event?
As sponsorship and donations can affect our retailers and business in their area, these requests must now be made directly through them. If your local retailer is on board with your cause, and or feels that you would be a good athlete ambassador for our products, they can help you get available sponsorship support through their sales and account representatives.
Being a sponsored athlete is a privilege and responsibility. It is not for everyone, and unfortunately, sponsorship cannot be offered to all that request this support. As a sponsored athlete or event, you are expected to promote the sport, services, and products of both your local retailer and Specialized with class and dignity. You should only contact your local retailer regarding sponsorship opportunities if you are serious about promoting and being an ambassador for your local retailer and Specialized.
How do I contact a Specialized Representative?
The best way to find a retailer in your area is to make sure you are logged into your region on our website and then use the "Find a Retailer" link located at the top of the page. There, you will find contact information for a Specialized representative, or you can use the contact information below:
Specialized Bicycle Components
15130 Concord Circle
Morgan Hill, California 95037
Office: (408) 779-6229
Rider Care: (877) 808-8154
How are Specialized products tested for safety?
For several years, Specialized, its suppliers, and test labs have been testing Specialized branded products for compliance with more rigid criteria than what's contained in the CPSIA (Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act ).When the CPSIA was enacted into law, Specialized established a team inside the Company to meet and study the legislation and develop a comprehensive plan to ensure compliance. We also personally met with the CPSC staff, along with our industry partners, to make sure our planning would satisfy federal regulators. Based on this, we believe that all Specialized branded products have met, currently meet, and of course, will meet the new CPSC regulations as they apply to our products sold in the United States.
Specialized issues COCs (certificates of compliance) for the following categories of products:
D. Children's products
Where can I test ride a Specialized Bike?
The best way to test ride a Specialized is at one of our test demos. Click here to see if and when our test van will be in your part of the country. We have seven of them traveling around, so one will probably roll through your area soon.
Some retailers also offer demo bikes. Check with your local retailer to see if this is an available option.
How do I update my account information?
You can change your account information by selecting Login/Register. Enter your email address and password to view your account information. You can update your email address, name, password, billing/shipping information, and your preferred riding style.
How do I register my bike?
Any Specialized-brand bicycle can be registered by its proper owner from our website. You can access the registration form directly or you can access the form at any time by clicking "Bicycle Registration" at the bottom.
To register your bike, you will need the serial number from underneath the bottom bracket on your bike. Registration is advantageous in that it provides us with a way to give local police ownership information on recovered stolen bikes. It is also useful in warranty- and service-related situations.
Ordering & Shipping
I'm looking for a product that's not online. What do I do?
Specialized produces many proprietary parts for our bikes that require a certain level of expertise and knowledge to install. These parts are not available for purchase directly from us. The way to order service parts is by having your local retailer contact their Retail Care representative to set up a special order for you.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact Specialized Rider Care at (877) 808-8154 or [email protected]
How do I determine the size of my bike?
First, look over your frame to see if there are any stickers indicating its size (for example: 17, 19, M, L, 56, 58, etc.). If a sticker indicating the size does not exist, then follow these simple steps:
1. Measure the length of your bicycle's head tube. The head tube is the part of the frame that the front fork inserts into. It is the forward most part or "tube" of the frame and it is arranged in a slight angle off of vertical. You will need to measure this length in millimeters.
2. Once you have the length of your bicycle's head tube in millimeters, you can then compare that length to the geometry chart for your corresponding year and model of bicycle. A geometry chart is a chart that lists all of the important measurements of your bicycle's frame in relation to each size the bicycle was made in. The geometry chart for your specific model and year (as well as other valuable information about your specific bicycle model) can be found in the archive section of the Specialized website. The archive section can be found by hovering your mouse cursor over the red Specialized banner in the upper left hand corner of any page on the website, then clicking on "Bikes" then clicking on "Archive."
3. Once you've located your specific model and year in the online archive, click on the "Geometry" tab located under the photo of your bicycle. This will show you the geometry chart for your specific model and year in accordance with all of the sizes the bicycle came in.
4. Locate the row in the geometry chart labeled "head tube length" and scan across the row until you find the measurement that matches the measurement that you took from your bicycle's head tube.
5. One you've found a match, scan to the top of that column and you'll see the corresponding size of your bicycle.
Note: A serial number does not indicate the size, model, or year of a bicycle. We will not be able to tell you this information with only the serial number. If you do not know the model and year of your bicycle, you will need to find it manually via the photos in the online archive.
Where can I find my bike's serial number?
Almost all of our serial numbers are located on the bottom bracket shell of the frame. Some newer models will have a non-removable sticker on the down tube near the bottom bracket. Specialized serial numbers typically start with the prefix "WSBC," "WUD," "STT," or "STE."
If you don't know where the bottom bracket shell of the bike is, simply turn the bike upside-down and the bottom bracket is the part of the frame that the cranks run through. You will see the serial number stamped into the frame down there.
Can I repair a crashed helmet?
Helmets are not repairable. We recommend that you replace the helmet if you hit your head at all. Even the slightest hit can compromise the integrity of the helmet. You simply need to take your crashed helmet into a local Specialized retailer, and they can help you process that as a loyalty replacement and give you 20% off the retail price of a new helmet. Please note that the loyalty replacement does not pertain to helmets that are older than three years old.
What are the recommended service intervals on the fork and rear shock?
When your shock is in active use, a small amount of residual grease will purge from the seals. This is normal—it is not the oil leaking from the shock. These seals need to be damp with grease, and a little bit of oil on the shock is the sign that things are working properly.
To prevent wear and damage to the shock, we recommend the following maintenance schedule for Specialized branded suspension forks and rear shocks:
• Set sag every ride.
• Adjust rebound every ride.
• Clean shock body every ride.
• Air sleeve maintenance Every 50 hours.
• Clean aluminum pivot reducers and check for wear grease every 50 hours.
• Have your retailer send your fork/shock to the Specialized Service Center for inspection and oil change every 150 hours or annually.
• For FOX and RockShox co-branded BRAIN suspension products, the air sleeve/lower leg maintenance must be performed every 30 hours.
• For FOX and RockShox co-branded BRAIN suspension products, your retailer must send the product to the Specialized Service Center for inspection and full oil change/service every 100 hours or annually.
CAUTION! All internal shock maintenance must be performed by an Authorized Specialized Service Center.
Returns And Exchanges
Can I return an item to Specialized that I purchased from a Specialized retailer?
To return an item purchased from a Specialized retailer, please contact the retailer directly. The Online Store is unable to process returns of Specialized merchandise purchased through your local retailer.