Peter Sagan’s been chasing rainbows for years—sometimes successfully, and other times, just out of reach. But in the process, he’s become the one rider everyone’s looking for. Sometimes he’s wreaking havoc at the front of the race, but mostly, he’s blending like a panther waiting for the right moment to attack.
With the Sagan Collection, we’ve developed two different personalities of Peter’s racing style and transformed them into a collection of products, Overexposed and Underexposed. The Overexposed collection highlights the “star-of-the-show” side of Peter, with loud, yet elegant, silvers with touches of rainbows. Meanwhile, the Underexposed Collection represents the reserved, “below the radar” Peter with blacks, greys, and rainbows. Of course, each piece uses only the highest quality materials.
It’s time to start chasing your own rainbows with the Sagan Collection.
- For the construction of the Tarmac Disc, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 12r carbon. It's the most advanced material, and schedule, we've ever made, and this allowed us to shed nearly 200 grams—that's right, a 20% reduction in frame weight.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered™. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, three areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape, dropped seatstays with aero tubes, and a D-shaped seatpost and seat tube. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 45 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
- For additional compliance, the seatpost has flex built-into the upper 120mm where clamping doesn't happen. We also dropped the seatstays, altered the seat tube shape, and added tire clearance up to 30mm.
|BOTTOM BRACKET||OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings|
|CHAIN||Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed|
|CRANKSET||S-Works Power Cranks, dual-sided power measurement, +/- 1.5% accuracy|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 Disc R9170|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, braze-on|
|CASSETTE||Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, 11-speed, 11-30t|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, 11-speed|
|FORK||S-Works FACT 12r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|SADDLE||S-Works Romin Evo, Sagan LTD|
|SEAT BINDER||Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly|
|SEATPOST||S-Works FACT carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset|
|HANDLEBARS||S-Works Short & Shallow|
|STEM||S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise|
|REAR WHEEL||Roval CLX 50 Disc, Sagan LTD, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, DT Swiss 240 internals, CeramicSpeed bearings, 24h|
|INNER TUBES||Turbo Ultralight, 60mm Presta valve|
|FRONT TIRE||Turbo Cotton, Sagan LTD, 320 TPI, 700x26mm|
|REAR TIRE||Turbo Cotton, Sagan LTD, 320 TPI, 700x26mm|
|FRONT WHEEL||Roval CLX 50 Disc, Sagan LTD, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 50mm depth, CeramicSpeed bearings, 21h|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc|
|FRAME||S-Works Tarmac SL6, FACT 12r carbon fiber, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, clean routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
Tarmac - Geometry
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||490mm||508mm||531mm||540mm||562mm||577mm||595mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76°||75.5°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73°|
|Head Tube Angle||70.5°||71.75°||72.5°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||431mm||462mm||481mm||501mm||522mm||553mm|
|Head Tube Length||105mm||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm||190mm||210mm|
|Bike Standover Height||730mm||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|