No matter your skill level or experience on the bike, there's no better way to enhance your training and racing performance than by riding with a power meter. Lucky for you, we've combined our incredibly light and stiff, carbon fibre S-Works road cranks with single-sided power measurement, making it one of the lightest (450g/172.5mm) and most accurate power meter available.
The development of Power Cranks began with our Human Performance Team looking at riders in realistic scenarios on the bike. Historically, power meters have been validated by two different methods—one is by measuring the produced torque by applying a static, linear load to a crankarm or chainring, while the second uses a power generating motor to pedal the bike. Well, cycling is neither static nor linear, and humans apply power much differently than a machine. So, we found that neither of these methods answer the "real-world" accuracy question.
To get the best test for accuracy, in all types of riding scenarios, we built our own cycling treadmill, the WinMill, to measure power output to a known truth. This new benchmark lets us evaluate accuracy under all riding conditions—seated versus standing, various power and cadence levels, different weights, and a myriad of gear. This data acquisition process is our gold-standard for testing power meters, and through our testing and external validation from the Locomotion lab in Boulder, Colorado, Power Cranks have been proven to have the highest accuracy in real world scenarios (+/- 1.5%).
The Single-Sided S-Works Power Cranks are also easy to live with, with class-leading temperature compensation firmware and waterproof enclosures. Calibration is only required during seasonal-type fluctuations in temperature, and the included wrench makes battery swaps a breeze.
- +/- 1.5% real-world accuracy tested on the WinMill and validated by the Locomotion Lab in Boulder, CO.
- Works with ANT+ and Bluetooth® devices.
- Easy set-up and diagnostics with the Specialized Power app. (iOS and Android versions available).
- Hollow carbon crankarms, alloy spider, and oversized alloy spindle offer superior stiffness and lighter weight than the competition—450 grams for 172.5mm crankarm length.
- Fits Specialized road frames with OSBB or PF30 bottom bracket shell, as well as most BB30 road frames.
- 110 BCD carbon spider (also compatible with 130 BCD carbon spider—sold separately).
- Compatible with Shimano and SRAM drivetrains. Chainrings are sold separately. Use only with Specialized/Praxis chainrings 06217-1702 (52/36T) and 06218-1713 (50/34T).
- Available in 165-180mm crankarm lengths.