Keeping warm on the road is no easy task when the conditions are biting, but an easy way to start your ride off right is with our Women's Element 1.5 WINDSTOPPER® Jacket. The jacket is made from one of the most venerable materials in the business, Gore® WINDSTOPPER® Soft Shell, and as the 1.5 iteration of this jacket, it's placed at the front of the torso and arms to provide critical coverage and protection from the elements. As its name suggests, this material is extremely wind- and water-resistant. But what its name doesn't tell you is that it's also highly efficient at wicking moisture away from the skin, while also remaining soft against the skin and quite breathable. And to further this jacket's insulating properties, we also constructed select panels from our warming Therminal™ fabric. Both materials possess the perfect amount of stretch, which complements the articulated cycling cut of the jacket. Essentially, this all adds up to a complete freedom of movement throughout the motions of cycling, which equates to the elimination of any rubbing, pinching, or chafing. The Element 1.5 also includes other weather-fighting properties, like an offset front zipper that prevents drafts and keeps the zipper off of your chin. There are also wrist seals that prevent air and water from infiltrating the jacket, as well as a three-panel hood with an adjustable drawcord. And lastly, a zippered back security pocket and two front venting pockets handle storage duties.
- Gore® WINDSTOPPER® Soft Shell is a knit fabric is used at the front of the torso and arms, and features a remarkable insulating properties, as well as being wind- and water-resistant and highly breathable. We've also included insulating Therminal™ panels in selective locations of the jacket to further the overall warmth.
- Two front venting pockets and zippered back security pocket provide ample room for storing your essentials.
- Wrist seals prevent wind and water from creeping up at the arm openings.
- Three-panel hood with adjustable drawcord keeps your head protected from the elements, while allowing you to dial-in the fit.
- Reflective elements increase your visibility to motorists in low-light conditions.
- DeflectUV 50+ protects the skin against harmful UV rays.
- Standard Fit is specifically designed for women, and is generous and comfortable, while allowing ample room to layer underneath.