Specialized statement on COVID-19 Read Here
When designers Jonathan Sadler and Luke Batten came together to form Tenspeed Hero, they had a few founding principles in mind: Everyone is welcome, Everyone is a “Hero,” Men and women will be supported equally, “Tenspeed Heroes” are those who love their bikes, and amidst the suffering, there needs to be more humor in the sport. And how did they accomplish this? By choosing fun ideas from emerging designers coming out of BFA and MFA programs, they could bring this energy to their apparel.
With these ideals in alignment, we’ve teamed up with Tenspeed Hero to develop the TSH x Specialized Collection. With a design from the You Make It You Break It piece by Leah Gualdagnoli, this collection balances geometry, nostalgia, and architecture into unfamiliar forms to create a look that’s not only stylish, but also full of history. And as Leah likes to say, it’s a “reminder of what we were, who we are, and who we might become."
Beginning with the aerodynamic development, we basically lived in our Win Tunnel to create this Evade. Having our own wind tunnel allows us to develop our products with aero at the forefront of the design, rather than merely testing them there. With this, we carefully analyzed every aspect of helmet performance in the Win Tunnel, and with real world testing, to ensure that we left no stone unturned in the quest for performance. This makes for a helmet that has countless testing hours and years of development, and ultimately, this adds up to the fastest road helmet we’ve ever tested.
We not only took grams out of the drag, but we did it without sacrificing safety. In fact, we switched the construction to favor our Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS that optimizes the foam type in different places. As far as ventilation is concerned, free-flowing air through the helmet not only makes the helmet cooler than ever, but it also decreases aerodynamic drag. Going hand-in-hand with this, ventilation and aerodynamics were both optimized in the Win Tunnel together, making for the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation out there. Now, the exterior vents and interior channels have been carefully considered to make sure that the helmet draws in the maximum amount of air through the helmet for extreme cooling. And the result? The new Evade is just as cool as a bare head with no helmet, making it the coolest aero helmet on the market today.
Through this work, the Evade saves 50 seconds over 40km versus a traditional road helmet and roughly six seconds over the prior iteration of Evade. This means that it's not only as cool as a bare head, but also as fast. For road race helmets, there’s nothing that can match this performance.
Last, but most certainly not least, a fast helmet is useless unless it fits correctly. With this in mind, the new S-Works Evade has all the features you'd expect from a top-level helmet, like our Mindset HairPort 2 fit system with micro-adjustments, our soft webbing that won't stretch out, and a new Gutter Action brow pad that manages sweat to keep it out of your eyes. And to top it off, we've added a new magnetic buckle to the mix that makes buckling with one hand a breeze.
- Through extensive Win Tunnel development, the Evade is the fastest road helmet we've tested.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports make it the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation.
- Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
- Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support to help manage impact energy.
- Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
- Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management.
- Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
- Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security.
- Magnetic buckle is simple and secure.