Our engineers are serious about aluminum. Take Chuck Teixeira: Mr. Aluminum. He alone has 30 years of experience pushing the boundaries of what aluminum can be, and plays a huge part in bringing our Smartweld technology to life. Why all the fuss over an alloy bike? Well, just because you're not buying carbon doesn't mean you don't want a stiff, compliant, and, most importantly, light bike that goes like a rocket. The S-Works Allez is the first application of this new technology, and we are excited to push the boundaries of alloy to their limits. Because to our engineers, defining the future of aluminum IS rocket science. The Specialized Road Engineering Team: Chris D'Aluisio, Luc Callahan, Andrew Frasca, and Chuck Teixeira.
- Race inspired, full-manipulated E5 Smartweld alloy frame with tapered head tube and integrated headset is light and fast with the stiffness of a Tarmac
- S-Works Tarmac full monocoque FACT carbon fork with tapered steerer is super light with great torsional rigidity for high-speed handling
- Ultra-light Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset for low aerodynamic drag, and low rolling resistance thanks to CeramicSpeed bearings.
- S-Works Turbo 220 TPI tire offers a fast, light, and tough tire. Extremely low rolling resistance and superior cornering traction lets you climb easily, descend faster, and corner harder.
- S-Works Tarmac oversized carbon lightweight bar provides a comfortable and smooth transition from the top to the hoods and drops
- New, incredibly lightweight, SRAM RED with a host of wind-cheating features, plus new AeroLink arm for improved braking performance and modulation
- New SRAM RED 10-speed shifters employ DoubleTap technology for simple, intuitive shifting with reach adjustment
- S-Works FACT carbon seatpost and cradle is super light and stiff for optimal power transfer, paired with ultra-light and stiff Body Geometry Toupe Pro saddle with carbon rails