Specialized statement on COVID-19 Read Here
1240 grams is obscenely light weight when it comes to mountain bike wheelsets—the kind of weight that XC racers dream about—but light weight alone is no longer enough on today’s aggressive XC tracks. So, we sweated all the details and engineered the new Control SL Team LTD wheels to be sharp handling, smooth riding, extra durable, and less prone to pinch flats. Oh yeah, they’re also some of the lightest weight production wheels on the planet.
We didn’t pull any punches creating the Control SL Team LTD. Built around the lightest hubs Roval has ever made, its completely new rim design with a 29-millimeter internal width provides a better tire profile for improved traction and ride quality. An all-new bead-hook design with wider hooks feature a flat profile that not only offers greater impact strength by distributing impact force over a larger area, but also increases the impact force needed to pinch flat by 22 percent. Finally, offset spokes and an asymmetric rim profile paired with two-cross lacing not only provides a better bracing angle for increased lateral stiffness but allows for the use of a single spoke length across the entire wheelset.
The end result is a featherweight XC race wheel that excels everywhere from the racecourse to the backcountry. It’s incredible light weight matched with above-category toughness and durability, razor-sharp handling and exceptional ride quality brings out the very best in modern mountain bike performance. Available in very limited numbers, the Control SL Team LTD is meticulously hand-built and finished with a special graphic treatment.
- Rim Type: Carbon clincher, 2Bliss Ready, Zero Bead Hook 4mm FlatTop design. Cobalt Blue Metallic graphic under clear coat.
- Rim Material: Carbon fiber
- Rim Width: 29mm internal
- Front Spoke Pattern: Two-cross
- Rear Spoke Pattern: Two-cross
- Spoke Count: 24h Front, 24h Rear
- Spoke Type: DT Swiss Aerolite Straightpull T-head 294mm
- Nipple Type: DT Swiss Pro Lock Hexagonal Alloy 14mm 2.0mm
- Front Hub: Alloy body, 15mmx110 thru-axle, 19 and 31mm OD end cap options included.
- Rear Hub: CNC-machined alloy body, SiNC Ceramic Bearings, premium-quality DT 180 internals and 54t quick engagement ratchet system cassette, includes SRAM XX1 11-speed freehub and 148 end caps.
- Roval Engineered Control SL hubshells have a single spoke length for each wheelset.
- Bearing Type: SiNC Ceramic Sealed cartridge
- Assembly Method: Hand-built
- Every wheel includes custom anodized tubeless valve stems and individual spoke hole plugs to make tubeless set-up easier.
- Total Wheelset Weight: 1240g