Hitting the road and riding through the cold takes a special form of dedication and mental fortitude. In other words, it's hard enough to ride those base miles without having to worry about your gear while out on the road. And with this in mind, we built our Element 1.5 WINDSTOPPER® Cycling Tights to be your perfect training partner this winter. To start, they're partly made from one of the most venerable materials in the business—Gore® WINDSTOPPER® Soft Shell. As its name suggests, this material is extremely wind- and water-resistant. But what its name doesn't tell you is that it's also highly efficient at wicking moisture away from the skin, while also remaining soft against the skin and quite breathable. And to further protect against the cold, select panels of the tights are constructed from our insulating Therminal™ fabric. Both materials possess the perfect amount of stretch, which complements the articulated cycling cut of the tights. Essentially, this all adds up to a complete freedom of movement throughout the motions of cycling, which equates to the elimination of any rubbing, pinching, or chafing. And to ease entry and exit of the tights, we've also included an eight-inch ankle zipper. The tights feature a variable density construction that places just the right amount of support and padding where your body needs it—not where it doesn't. Additionally, the chamois has a brushed face, which is ideal for winter riding, as it provides a touch of added warmth and moisture management.
- Gore® WINDSTOPPER® Soft Shell is a knit fabric with remarkable insulating properties, as well as being wind- and water-resistant and highly breathable. We've also included insulating Therminal™ panels in selective locations of the tights to further the overall warmth.
- Articulated cycling fit is designed to complement the body throughout the positions and movements of cycling, which eliminates any unwanted pinching, rubbing, or chafing.
- Ankle gaiter creates a tight seal with either shoes or covers, so cold air won't creep up the leg while you're riding.
- Zippered fly makes entry and exit of the bib tights a breeze.
- Eight-inch ankle zipper makes it easy to get your legs in and out of the tights.
- Reflective elements increase your visibility to motorists in low-light conditions.
- DeflectUV 50+ protects the skin against harmful UV rays.