Specialized Women's Ambassadors
There's a movement stirring in the air, and a strong, supportive community of female riders is more critical now than ever. We're looking for riders like you who want to spread the gospel of cycling in their communities, forming friendships, inspiring others, and growing their network of female riders at a grassroots level.
Do you dream about the freedom, fresh air, friendships, and fun that only riding a bike can provide? Do you want to share your love of cycling with other women and girls—connecting, inspiring, and growing the cycling movement? Are you curious about how to turn your passion for cycling into more than just a hobby?
Well, we’re glad you’re here, because you might be an incredible fit as a Specialized Women’s Ambassador—a global squad of over 200 passionate and inspiring female riders that are dedicated to connecting more women and girls in their communities to cycling.
Interested? Here’s how someone might describe you:
- A Rider: You demonstrate an authentic passion for cycling, and you're experienced in road, mountain, triathlon, city, touring, commuting, cyclocross, and/or adventure riding.
- Involved: You're involved in your cycling community through cycling clubs, fitness groups, spin, and/or leading group rides.
- Connected: You're an engaged social media user with growing followers OR you're an engaged, in-person community leader (Eg. Did you start a club? Do you lead other groups? Etc.)
- Encouraging: You've been able to encourage and inspire others to take up riding or some other form of pedal-related fitness.
- Passionate: You want to get more women and girls riding bikes.
- Locally Connected: You're open to, or already connected to, a Specialized Retail Store in your area.
- Next generation: You're open to, excited by the idea of, or already working with some kind of group that engages with younger girls, age 5 -18 about health, fitness, or riding bicycles.
- Ongoing Schedule: You're available to host at least two rides or events per month.
What's in it for You?
- A Specialized Women’s bicycle that suits your riding style, helping you to meet your personal riding and health goals: road, mountain, fitness, or triathlon.
- Specialized Women’s equipment pack, containing helmet, shoes, tires, and lights.
- Specialized Women’s cycling clothing to keep you feeling confident and comfortable on and off the bike.
- Ongoing support from Specialized USA in communicating rides or events that you organize, including increased promotion around two to three global ride events per year.
- Education and training in social media and personal brand building.
- Education and training about Specialized Women’s products and maintenance.
- Behind-the-scenes insights and introductions to the Specialized brand, company, personnel, and cycling industry.
- One-off opportunities to participate in national and global events with Specialized.
The Ask From You
- Host at least two rides per month, at a regularly scheduled time, that starts and/or ends at a Specialized retailer.
- Host two to three global ride initiatives per year.
- Host a minimum of one ride or event per year that's aimed at connecting with girls or young women (age 8 to 18) about riding bicycles.
- One online post of an event, plus one report per event.
- Post two or more times per week on any social platform, allowing Specialized to share or repost your content with credit given back to you.
- Maintain communication with others in the program through a closed group on Facebook, your Specialized retailer, and with your Specialized USA contact.
Potential Additional Opportunities
- Promotional appearances, photoshoots, etc.
- Assist retailer buyers with new season apparel/equipment buys and selection for Women.
- Participation at Specialized events throughout the year within the USA (weekends or weekdays in May to August).
- Lead rides or participate in our annual Retailer Event activities (September 2017).