You've waited long enough, but the all-new 2017 Enduro is finally here. We've torn up the rulebook and pulled out all the stops for this one, so nerd-out, take a test ride, and find out why the Enduro is the King of the Mountain.
KING OF THE MOUNTAIN
We introduced the Enduro over a decade ago, and since then, it’s gone from a disruptive, slightly misguided outsider to an industry-leading benchmark for the modern trail bike. And in a relatively short amount of time, it established a new standard of rider expectations for what a trail bike should be. Fast-forward 10 years, and you’re looking at a bike with a trophy case that would make anyone jealous. Today, the all-new Enduro does it all, from steep, root-laden climbs to white-knuckle descents, taking it all in stride.
For years, the Enduro has set the bar for performance trail bikes, and now, it gets a geometry refresh that makes it more capable and confident than any of the iterations before it.We pioneered the "modern" trail geometry by adding lower bottom bracket heights, slacker head angles, and some of the shortest chainstays in the industry. Add it up, and this combination gives the bikes a signature handling characteristic that pushes the envelope of what we thought was achievable. And by combining this with refined travel lengths, the Enduro becomes a true trail destroyer.
These frames were painstakingly poured over to make sure that the specific frame platforms had appropriate geometry for riders to have the best possible experience per wheel size.
You want wheel options? The Enduro has ‘em all. Even better, it comes in two frame options—one being optimized for 650b and the other for 29 and 6Fattie wheels.
|Head Angle||Bottom Bracket||Chainstays||Tire Clearance|
|29/6Fattie||66.0°||2.3”: 352mm||432mm||650bx2.8” to 29x2.5”|
|650b||65.5°||2.3”: 345mm||425mm||Up to 650bx2.6"|
It’s no secret that we developed our Demo 8 with Öhlins in order to make the fastest World Cup DH bike on the market, and for the Enduro, Öhlins and our suspension team took that knowledge and experience to develop both the Enduro and the STX22 together. Gone are the days of unnecessary clicks and adjustments and poor setups. The low-hysteresis system, found here, provides unmatched control and consistency.
- Supple low-speed compression circuit for unrivaled reaction, climbing, or descending.
- Shock Block mounting hardware provides a stiff, responsive connection.
- Tuned high-speed compression for more control on big hits.
- AUTOSAG for hassle-free set up—every time.
- Three clicks High Speed Compression.
- Nine clicks Low Speed Compression.
- Six clicks Low Speed Rebound.
FULLY INTEGRATED SWAT™ TECHNOLOGY
SWAT™ integration stands for storage, water, air, and tools. Sounds simple, and it should be. SWAT™ takes everything you need and puts it right where you want it—off your body and on the bike. We’ve taken pride in making the sleekest, most convenient package for trail riders, so you’re never caught in a situation where you’re unprepared. It all started with a tool that we stashed under your water bottle cage, a chain tool that hid away cleanly in your top cap, and then the pièce de résistance, the SWAT™ Door storage at the down tube.
Fully integrated SWAT™ Door down tube storage will house your ride essentials, like a tube, pump, snacks—whatever you can fit in there, you can keep off your back.
Riding with a pack, just to hold some small, yet essential, bits on your back, is a thing of the past. Everything you could possibly need is stashed away discreetly, cleanly, and most importantly, it's all with you on every ride.
“WHY MESS WITH A GOOD THING?” BUT WHERE SOME WOULD COMFORTABLY REST ON THEIR LAURELS, WE AIMED TO KEEP EVOLVING. AND THE RESULT IS THE MOST FUN YOU’LL EVER HAVE ON A MOUNTAIN BIKE. SERIOUSLY.
The silhouette that defined the Enduro has also been updated and streamlined, with a new X-Wing design. This construction contributes to the stout and precise handling that today's riders demand.
- We didn't just obsess over head angles and BB heights, we also revamped the amount of travel for each frame. Now, each platform is spec'd with different travels for the fastest and most nimble setups around.
- Oversized Bearings & Hardware—Increased demands on bikes called for stouter bearings and hardware. The new links house larger bearings and hardware to increase bearing life and balance, as well as the handling characteristics of the chassis.
- You asked for it, and we delivered. The return to a threaded bottom bracket means that you'll get longer bearing life, no more creaks, and way easier maintenance.
- Internal Cable Routing—The lazy loop is gone, and so are dirty, messy cables.
- The cables cleanly enter the head tube and follow independently molded tubes through the length of the down tube. This way, you can say goodbye to magnets, flashlights, hooks, or fighting to swap housing.
- Cables run over the top of the BB in order to reduce the pull/bend on the cable housing. This creates more consistent and crisper shifting.