S-Works Epic 29
The S-Works Epic was designed to get you over the line in first position, and it holds nothing back in achieving this goal. For maximum efficiency, it's built from our finest carbon fiber to provide a lightweight, stiff ride quality on the flats and climbs. Efficiency is taken another step further with our proprietary Brain technology at the fork and rear shock. This intelligent system is able to interpret the difference between rider and trail input, so it stays firm under effort and compliant over bumps. Then there's our XC 29 Geometry that's built for sheer speed over long courses which, after four ABSA Cape Epic wins and multiple World Championships, has truly earned its salt. And to round out the package is a component spec that's nothing short of future-proof, with Shimano XTR Di2 and the incomparable RockShox RS-1 fork. If speed is on the top of your list, it doesn't get much better than this.
- Drivetrain duties are handled by the revolutionary Shimano XTR Di2 11-speed groupset, with 36/26T gearing up front and 11-40t at the rear. The first ever electronic mountain groupset, it provides unparalleled shift precision, reliability, and accuracy, making it the secret weapon in any racer's arsenal.
- Custom FOX/ Specialized remote Mini Brain rear shock features AUTOSAG for easy set up, 100mm of fine-tunable suspension, and our Spike Valve technology for enhanced performance in the corners and rough terrain. To maximize efficiency, the proprietary design allows the shock to differentiate rider input and trail bumps, so the suspension feels firm under effort and plush over rough terrain.
- FACT 11m carbon fiber frame provides the ideal blend of stiffness, strength, and light weight, resulting in the pinnacle of efficiency and speed. Meanwhile, our XC 29 Geometry, 100mm of travel, internal cable routing, and a SWAT Tool Cradle create exceptional handling and zero-hassle maintenance.
- RockShox RS-1 Brain fork is arguably the most sought-after fork in XC racing. Compared to a traditional fork, its inverted design creates a carbon fiber upper that provides superior stiffness, while behaving with more sensitivity to small bumps and more control over larger hits. And with Brain technology, these characteristics are amplified and even more efficient. It also includes our Spike Valve technology that minimizes yaw in cornering, while providing maximum travel in high velocity impacts.
- Roval Control SL 29 carbon fiber wheels are lightweight for climbs, hand-built for precision and durability, stiff for explosive sprints and nimble handling, and most importantly, exceptionally fast for hard, sustained efforts come race day.
|CHAIN||Shimano XTR, 11-speed|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Praxis, PF30, OS press-in bearings, sealed cartridge|
|CRANKSET||Shimano XTR, Hollowtech, 11-speed, 36/26T|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano XTR Di2, 11-speed|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano XTR Di2, 11-speed|
|CASSETTE||Shimano XTR, 11-speed, 11-40t|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano XTR Di2 Shadow Plus, 11-speed|
|FORK||RockShox RS-1 Brain, Solo Air spring, 100mm travel, Spike Valve, top-mount Brain Fade adjust, rebound adjust, inverted design, tapered carbon crown/steerer, 46mm offset, 15mm Maxle Ultimate thru-axle|
|REAR SHOCK||FOX/Specialized remote Mini Brain, AUTOSAG, Spike Valve, Brain Fade adjust I-Valve, Kashima Coating, 205x53mm|
|FRONT HUB||Roval Control SL, Torque Tube|
|REAR HUB||Roval Control SL 142+, Torque Tube, SRAM XX1 XD driver body|
|INNER TUBES||Standard, Presta valve|
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Revolution|
|FRONT TIRE||S-Works Fast Trak, 120TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 29x2.2"|
|RIMS||Roval Control SL 29, carbon, disc|
|REAR TIRE||S-Works Fast Trak, 120TPI, 2Bliss Ready, folding bead, 29x2.0"|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry S-Works Phenom, carbon rails, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||S-Works FACT carbon, 20mm offset, 27.2mm|
|STEM||Syntace F109, 6-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized FACT carbon, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm, 31.8mm|
|GRIPS||Specialized Sip Grip, light lock-on, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano XTR, hydraulic disc, Ti-metallic pads, 160mm Ice-Tech rotor|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Shimano XTR, carbon lever, I-spec|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano XTR, hydraulic disc, Ti-metallic pads, 160mm Ice-Tech rotor|
|PEDALS||Nylon, CEN std., w/ toe clips|
|HEADSET||1-1/8" upper, 1-1/2" lower, threadless, Campy style, cartridge bearings|
|SEAT BINDER||Specialized, 7050 alloy, single Ti bolt, 31.6mm|
|FRAME||FACT 11m carbon, XC 29 Geometry, carbon PF30 BB, carbon headset cups, 142mm dropouts, internal cable routing, FD mount, PM 160 rear brake, SWAT tool cradle|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
Epic - Geometry
|Bike Stand-Over Height||770mm||774mm||780mm||793mm|
|Fork Length (full)||506mm||506mm||506mm||506mm|
|Top-Tube Length (horizontal)||564mm||593mm||620mm||647mm|