DIG TO RIDE – SEASON 2.0
The dedication and volunteer work being done in local riding communities and clubs around New Zealand is nothing short of incredible. Specialized wants to give back and support what’s happening out on the trails this Spring by encouraging riders to roll up their flannel sleeves and get digging.
DIG TO RIDE – GET INVOLVED
The dedication and volunteer work being done in local riding communities and clubs around New Zealand is nothing short of incredible. For the second year, Specialized is giving back and supporting what’s happening out on the trails by encouraging riders to roll up their flannel sleeves and get digging.
In association with local riding clubs and riding groups, Specialized are bringing together land-owners, bike retailers, craft breweries and riders at Volunteer ‘Dig Days’ around the country. Staff from Specialized, and local bike retail staff will be there digging on the days, as well as supporting volunteers with food, drinks, tools and maybe some bikes to ride afterwards!
The volunteer Dig Days are an opportunity for riders who want to get involved in helping out with trail building in their area, but just don’t know where to start, to get out and get amongst it. The digging will be supervised by experienced local trail builders, so you don’t need to have a beard and a chainsaw to be a part of it. Riders of all levels are encouraged to come out, cut some new lines, earn some trail karma and have a hand in expanding your local network. Some tools will be provided, but as it’s hard to know how many willing volunteers will turn up, if you do have a pick and/or shovel please bring them along.
In late 2016 we held Dig Days in Wellington, Nelson, Auckland and Queenstown. Thanks to everyone who came along and supported the days.
Full details on the upcoming Spring 2017 Dig Days and further information can be found in the Facebook Event page links below.
- Nelson - 24.09.2017 - In association with Trailfund, Nelson MTB Club & Village Cycles
- Rotorua - 08.10.2017 - In Association with Trailfund, Rotorua Trails Trust, Rotorua MTB Club, Pig & Whistle Pub, & CycleZone
- Auckland - 15.10.2017 - In Association with Trailfund, West Coast Riders, Hallertau, Saint Cycles and Mt Eden Cycles
- Nelson - 22.10.2017 - In Association with Trailfund, Nelson MTB Club & Village Cycles
- Queenstown - 27.10.2017 - In Association with Trailfund, Queenstown MTB Club, Atlas Bar & Outside Sports