Specialized statement on COVID-19 Read Here
Specialized statement on COVID-19
Contact your local retailer for store hours & COVID-19 safety measures.
BUILT FOR STEEP TRAILS AND BIG AIR, our Demo laughs in the face of ruthless terrain with 7 and 8 inches of generous travel. Its top-of-the line Fox components, stable geometry with low central mass and insanely strong double ORE down tubes are competition-proven to withstand the most extreme abuse.
- Custom Avid Elixir R brakes feature full hydraulic calipers, metallic pads and a big 203mm rotor in front and 185mm in back for awesome control in fast and steep situations. Elixir R levers have a tool-free reach adjustment feature for enhanced comfort an
- 32-hole DT Swiss F550 rims are custom for Specialized. 32mm width, eyelets and a sleeved joint bump up durability. DT Swisss Champion stainless spokes provide a true build and long-haul durability.
- Specialized Hi-Lo hub features variable sized flanges for a perfectly tensioned, ultra durable wheel. A 20mm thru-axle on the front improves stiffness and steering precision, while the 10mm chromoly axle in back increases durability.
- 8.2-inch travel M5 manipulated alloy frame features a cold-forged head tube, seat tube, bottom bracket shell, linkage points and center rib cage for off-the-charts durability. Adjustable geometry for situation-specific tuning.
- World-beating Boxxer Race fork with 203mm of plush, coil-sprung travel. Motion Control damping and external compression and rebound adjust help riders dial in performance for any course.
|FRAME||Demo 8 FSR M5 Manipulated Alloy, 8.2"" travel, asymetrical rear triangle, ISCG mount, adj. geometry, 1-1/8"" forged HT, cartridge bearing rear shock mount, rear derailleur protector|
|HEADSET||1-1/8"" Threadless, 13mm insertion alloy cups with OS lower cartridge and bearing|
|SEAT BINDER||7050 hard annodized alloy collar w/ QR, 34.9mm clamp ID, black|
|REAR SHOCK||Fox DHX 4.0 coil 8.75x2.75"", ProPedal and rebound adj., bottom out control and IFP pressure, S:450, M:500, L:550|
|FORK||RockShox Boxxer Race, 203mm travel, motion control damper, alloy steerer, external compression and rebound adj., 20mm maxle DH thru-axle|
|REAR HUB||Specialized thru axle 135mm, hollow 10mm Cr-Mo axle w/ RD guard|
|RIMS||Custom DT Swiss F550, 30mm, 32h|
|REAR TIRE||Specialized Chunder SX 26x2.3"", 60 TPI, aramid bead, cap ply, soft dual compound|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized Hi-Lo disc, 20mm thru-axle, 32h|
|FRONT TIRE||Specialized Chunder SX 26x2.3"", 60 TPI, aramid bead, cap ply, soft dual compound|
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Champion 2.0mm stainless, brass nipples|
|INNER TUBES||Specialized 26x2.3"", presta|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM X-9, 9-speed, short cage|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Truvativ Howitzer XR, oversize sealed outboard cartridge bearing, 73mm shell|
|CASSETTE||SRAM PG-970, 12-26t|
|CHAIN||SRAM PC-971, 9-speed w/Power Link|
|SHIFT LEVERS||SRAM X-7, trigger, 9-speed|
|CRANKSET||Truvativ Hussefelt, 170mm w/ Gamut P-30 chain guide|
|GRIPS||Specialized lock on grip, alloy bar ends|
|SADDLE||Specialized Enduro, 8mm hollow Cr-Mo rails, SL foam|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Demo rise bar, 6066 alloy, 31.8mm, 6 degree up, 9 degree backsweep, 680mm wide|
|STEM||Specialized Aggro stem, 35mm extension, OS 31.8, 4-bolt, forged|
|SEATPOST||6061 butted alloy, two bolt setback, 30.9x300mm|
|REAR BRAKE||Custom Avid Elixir R, hydraulic disc, reach adjust, metallic pads, 185mm rotor|
|FRONT BRAKE||Custom Avid Elixir R hydraulic disc, reach adjust, metallic pads, 203mm rotor|
|BRAKE LEVERS||Custom Avid Elixir R Hydraulic, tool-less adj. reach|
|PEDALS||Specialized Lo-Pro alloy|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
|Bottom Bracket Height - High Setting||380mm||380mm||380mm|
|Head Tube Angle - High Setting||65°||65°||65°|
|Seat Tube Angle (Effective) - High Setting||76°||76°||76°|
|Seat Tube Angle (Actual) - High Setting||65.5°||65.5°||65.5°|
|Top Tube Length (Actual)||520mm||540mm||554mm|
|Top Tube Length (Horizontal)||550mm||575mm||592mm|
|Head Tube Angle - Low Setting||64°||64°||64°|
|Head Tube Height||120mm||120mm||120mm|
|Seat Tube Angle (Actual) - Low Setting||64.5°||64.5°||64.5°|
|Seat Tube Angle (Effective) - Low Setting||75°||75°||75°|
|Seat Tube Length - Center to Top||432mm||432mm||457mm|
|Bottom Bracket Height - Low Setting||368mm||368mm||368mm|