686 x Specialized 3L Tech Jacket
There are jackets, and then there are jackets that you can use in the backcountry. Not surprisingly, cycling jackets haven't historically focused on the latter. That is, until now. We collaborated with the snow icons at 686 to create a jacket that can laugh in the face of almost any condition, while still retaining all of the fit and functionality required of cycling. The result? The 686 x Specialized 3L Tech Jacket. Starting with the materials, it features a three-layer woven fabric shell with the venerable infiDRY® 20. Now, this might sound thick and cumbersome, but really, it's no different than what's found on some of your favorite outerwear. Almost paper thin, the exterior layer handles wind and water resistance (20,000mm), while the intermediary layer consists of a breathable membrane (20,000gm2) that keeps vapor moving up and out of the bibs to eliminate any clammy sensations. Lastly, the interior layer is designed to be soft against the skin to increase the comfort of the piece as a whole. The end result? You're guaranteed to ride dry and with a consistent level of warmth and protection. Never satisfied, we worked to improve ventilation even more, so you'll find Air-Flo™ upper arm vents that are designed for singlehanded use. We moved on to keeping snow and moisture out of the jacket, which meant incorporating fully taped waterproof seams and water-resistant zippers. There's also an adjustable powder skirt to keep snow from entering at the backside, adjustable Lycra® sleeve gussets to interface with gloves, an adjustable hem with a fold-out spray skirt for wet, muddy conditions, and a hood with a rain visor. You'll also find an internal audio pocket, while the back features a double-sided SWAT™ access pocket for the ultimate in protective storage. And knowing that you'll be taking this jacket deep into the wild, we even built-in a critical safety feature, RECCO® Advanced Avalanche Rescue Technology.
- Three-layer woven shell fabric with infiDRY® 20 (20,000mm water-resistance / 20,000gm2 breathability) is light and airy, keeping you protected from the elements without sacrificing comfort or breathability.
- Fully taped waterproof seams and water-resistant exposed zippers protect common points of water infiltration, keeping you dry and protected as you ride.
- Air-Flo™ upper arm vents are designed for singlehanded use, giving you the ability to dump heat on-the-fly with ease.
- Mesh vented pocket provides ample storage for your ride essentials or nutrition.
- Internal audio pocket safely secures your electronics away from the elements, making it simple and safe to listen to your tunes while you're out on the trail.
- Adjustable powder skirt with Lycra® stretch panel prevents any snow from creeping up or down your back, whether it's from wheel-spray, hiking through powder, or the inevitable bail.
- Adjustable Lycra® sleeve gussets interface perfectly with gloves, so you won't experience any unwanted drafts at the sleeve openings.
- Equipped with RECCO® Advanced Avalanche Rescue Technology 3M® reflective cuff tabs and trims increase your visibility to other riders or motorists in low-light conditions.
- Adjustable hood with rain visor keeps water from seeping into the neck opening, as well as keeping your head nice and dry.
- Reflective sleeve pull-tabs enable you to dial-in the fit, while also increasing your visibility to others. Adjustable hem with fold-out spray skirt prevents moisture buildup from entering the jacket.
- Double-sided SWAT™ access and vent zipper on the back make accessing jersey or bib pockets a breeze when you have gloves on.
- Relaxed Fit is comfortable and loose against the body, allowing for ample layering underneath.