Specialized statement on COVID-19 Read Here
Specialized statement on COVID-19
Contact your local retailer for store hours & COVID-19 safety measures.
Demo 8 I Carbon
When it comes to the stiffness, lightweight, and strength required for downhill, you just can't beat a carbon fiber frame construction. That's while you'll find our top-tier carbon, FACT 10m, was used to create the acclaimed Demo 8 FSR Carbon. It's also been built off of our S3 650b geometry, ensuring a roomy top tube for added control, ultra-short, nimble chainstays, a low bottom bracket that keeps you feeling planted, and a slack front end that provides the utmost in responsive handling at speed. For suspension, this Demo features 200mm up front via a RockShox BoXXer RC 650b and 200mm of travel at the rear controlled by our revolutionary Öhlins rear shock. Together, the combo ensures that you'll be able to rocket over any terrain with confidence. And when you add in a build kit consisting of SRAM's powerful Guide R brakes, a durable one-by SRAM drivetrain, and our legendary Butcher & Slaughter DH tires, you start get the picture of why our Demo 8s have won so many races.
- The frame features a full FACT 10m carbon fiber construction for low weight and heightened levels of strength and stiffness, which is amplified by its asymmetrical frame design that still leaves plenty of access. This has also been paired with our proven S3 Geometry that increases maneuverability and responsiveness, while the 200mm of travel at the rear makes the bike capable of taking on the biggest of hits in stride.
- SRAM's Guide R brakes provide powerful, precise, and highly adjustable braking. Their based on a four-piston caliper design that puts out smooth, dependable stopping power, while the Reach Adjust feature allows you to customize the position for easy, one-finger lever pulls.
- Custom Öhlins rear shock delivers unparalleled DH performance. It offers high/low speed compression adjust that stands independent of the rebound adjust, enabling you to fine-tune the shock for the track at hand. It's coil-sprung travel that stands without rival, and you won't find anywhere else.
- RockShox BoXXer RC 650b fork is purposefully designed for the most demanding terrain on earth. With 200mm of travel, Motion Control IS damping for maximum efficiency, and Power Buldge reinforced lower legs that allow oversized bushings for incredible stiffness, it'll leave you with nothing but confidence.
- 650bx2.5" Butcher DH tire at the front has prominent shoulder knobs that ravenously grip in any condition, while the center tread is low for minimal rolling resistance. Meanwhile, we positioned a 650bx2.3" Slaughter DH at the rear for its aggressive tread, stiff sidewall, and tacky grip—ensuring maximum traction and protection through any terrain.
|FRAME||FACT 10m carbon, S3 Geometry, carbon front triangle, alloy link and chainstays, FACT IS construction, BB30, full internal cable routing, 135mm dropouts, lipped and sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger, 200mm travel|
|SEAT BINDER||Specialized, 7050 alloy, single bolt, 36.9mm|
|HEADSET||1-1/8"" upper, 1-1/2"" lower, semi-integrated, cartridge bearings|
|REAR SHOCK||Custom Öhlins, high/low speed compression adjust, rebound adjust, 9.5x3""|
|FORK||RockShox BoXXer RC 650b, S: Extra soft spring , M: Soft spring, L: Medium spring, XL: Firm spring, 200mm travel, compression adjust, rebound adjust, alloy steerer, 48mm offset, Maxle Lite DH|
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Industry, stainless|
|REAR HUB||Specialized, Hi Lo disc, hollow Cr-Mo axle, 32h|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized, Hi Lo disc, sealed cartridge bearings, 20mm thru-axle, 36h|
|RIMS||Roval 650b, alloy, 24mm inner width, 32h|
|REAR TIRE||Specialized Slaughter DH, 60TPI, wire bead, 650bx2.3""|
|INNER TUBES||Standard, Presta valve|
|FRONT TIRE||Specialized Butcher DH, 60TPI, wire bead, 650bx2.5""|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM X9 Type 2, 10-speed, mid cage|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||SRAM, BB30, 83mm|
|CHAIN||SRAM PC-1031, 10-speed, w/ PowerLink, nickel finish|
|CRANKSET||Custom SRAM Descendant, BB30, 7050 alloy arms, thin 36T ring, w/ Gamut bashguard|
|SHIFT LEVERS||SRAM X7, 10-speed, w/ Matchmaker clamp|
|CASSETTE||SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed, 11-36t|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Phenom Comp, hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||Specialized, 6061 alloy, 2-bolt, 0mm setback, 30.9mm|
|GRIPS||Specialized Sip Grip, light lock-on, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Demo, 7050 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 25mm rise, 780mm, 31.8mm|
|STEM||Specialized P.Series MTB, forged alloy, 4-bolt|
|BRAKE LEVERS||SRAM Guide R, alloy lever, reach adjust|
|REAR BRAKE||SRAM Guide R, metallic pads, 180mm Centerline rotor|
|FRONT BRAKE||SRAM Guide R, metallic pads, 200mm Centerline rotor|
|PEDALS||Specialized Bennies, 6061 alloy body, sealed cartridge, 4.5mm removable pins|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice