Specialized Women's Ambassadors
There's a movement stirring in the air, and a strong, supportive community of female riders is more critical now than ever. We're looking for riders like you who want to spread the gospel of cycling in their communities, forming friendships, inspiring others, and growing their network of female riders at a grassroots level.
Do you dream about the freedom, fresh air, friendships, and fun that only riding a bike can provide? Do you want to share your love of cycling with other women and girls—connecting, inspiring, and growing the cycling movement? Are you curious about how to turn your passion for cycling into more than just a hobby?
Well, we’re glad you’re here, because you might be an incredible fit as a Specialized Women’s Ambassador—a global squad of over 200 passionate and inspiring female riders that are dedicated to connecting more women and girls in their communities to cycling.
Interested? Here’s how someone might describe you:
- A Rider: You demonstrate an authentic passion for cycling, and you're experienced in road, mountain, triathlon, city, touring, commuting, cyclocross, and/or adventure riding.
- Involved: You're involved in your cycling community through cycling clubs, fitness groups, spin, and/or leading group rides.
- Connected: You're an engaged social media user with growing followers OR you're an engaged, in-person community leader (Eg. Did you start a club? Do you lead other groups? Etc.)
- Encouraging: You've been able to encourage and inspire others to take up riding or some other form of pedal-related fitness.
- Passionate: You want to get more women and girls riding bikes.
- Locally Connected: You're open to, or already connected to, a Specialized Retail Store in your area.
- Next generation: You're open to, excited by the idea of, or already working with some kind of group that engages with younger girls, age 5 -18 about health, fitness, or riding bicycles.
What's in it for You?
- A Specialized Women’s bicycle that suits your budget and riding style, helping you to meet your personal riding and health goals: road, mountain, fitness, or triathlon.
- Specialized Women’s equipment pack, containing helmet, shoes, tires, and lights.
- Specialized Women’s cycling clothing to keep you feeling confident and comfortable on and off the bike.
- Ongoing support from Specialized Canada in communicating rides or events that you organize.
- Education and training in social media and personal brand building.
- Education and training about Specialized Women’s products and maintenance.
- Behind-the-scenes insights and introductions to the Specialized brand, company, personnel, and cycling industry.
- One-off opportunities to participate in national and global events with Specialized.
The Ask From You
- Host monthly rides that start and/or end at a Specialized retailer.
- Host group rides that's aimed at connecting with women, girls or young women (age 8 to 18) about riding bicycles.
- Updates on event reports.
- Post regularly on any social platform, allowing Specialized to share or repost your content with credit given back to you.
- Maintain communication with others in the program.
Potential Additional Opportunities
- Promotional appearances, photoshoots, etc.
- Assist retailer buyers with new season apparel/equipment buys and selection for Women.
- Participation at Specialized events throughout the year within Canada (weekends or weekdays in May to August).
- Lead rides or participate in our national events.