Helmets have long been plagued by an unspoken rule: Light weight, ventilation, aerodynamics—pick two, there's your helmet. As you can tell by now, though, we don't play by these rules—or really any for that matter. We'd rather turn standards on their head and create products that nobody ever dreamed of. And you needn't look any further than the new S-Works Evade helmet for proof of this. Straight up, it's the fastest road helmet out there.
Our new ANGi Crash Sensor gives you and your loved ones peace of mind like never before—when combined with our iOS or Android app, the sensor will detect a crash and send a text message to specified contacts in your phone. It also syncs with our app and STRAVA® to provide GPS-based activity tracking.
We've teamed up with MIPS researchers to introduce MIPS SL—a new, ultra-light, and supremely comfortable version of MIPS that's available exclusively on Specialized helmets. With MIPS SL, we've essentially integrated MIPS technology within the helmet padding itself. MIPS SL's minimalist "watchband" attachment system provides 10 to 15 millimeters of rotation in every direction and offers the same brain protection benefits as other versions of MIPS, while also ushering in a new level of comfort and weight savings.
Beginning with the aerodynamic development, we basically lived in our Win Tunnel to create this Evade. Having our own wind tunnel allows us to develop our products with aero at the forefront of the design, rather than merely testing them there. With this, we carefully analyzed every aspect of helmet performance in the Win Tunnel, and with real world testing, to ensure that we left no stone unturned in the quest for performance. This makes for a helmet that has countless testing hours and years of development, and ultimately, this adds up to the fastest road helmet we’ve ever tested.
We not only took grams out of the drag, but we did it without sacrificing safety. In fact, we switched the construction to favor our Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS that optimizes the foam type in different places. As far as ventilation is concerned, free-flowing air through the helmet not only makes the helmet cooler than ever, but it also decreases aerodynamic drag. Going hand-in-hand with this, ventilation and aerodynamics were both optimized in the Win Tunnel together, making for the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation out there. Now, the exterior vents and interior channels have been carefully considered to make sure that the helmet draws in the maximum amount of air through the helmet for extreme cooling. And the result? The new Evade is just as cool as a bare head with no helmet, making it the coolest aero helmet on the market today.
Through this work, the Evade saves 50 seconds over 40km versus a traditional road helmet and roughly six seconds over the prior iteration of Evade. This means that it's not only as cool as a bare head, but also as fast. For road race helmets, there’s nothing that can match this performance.
Last, but most certainly not least, a fast helmet is useless unless it fits correctly. With this in mind, the new S-Works Evade has all the features you'd expect from a top-level helmet, like our Mindset HairPort 2 fit system with micro-adjustments, our soft webbing that won't stretch out, and a new Gutter Action brow pad that manages sweat to keep it out of your eyes. And to top it off, we've added a new magnetic buckle to the mix that makes buckling with one hand a breeze.
- Sensor de impactos ANGi integrado.
- Incluye una suscripción de por vida a la aplicación móvil Specialized Ride.
- La nueva tecnología MIPS SL es la protección MIPS más liviana y más ventilada hasta el momento, siendo exclusiva de los cascos Specialized.
- A través de un arduo desarrollo en el Túnel de Viento, el Evade es el casco de tura más rápido que hemos probado.
- Sistema de Enfriamiento de 4ta Dimensión con canales internos profundos, grandes aperturas y puertos alineados que forman la combinación perfecta entre aerodinámica y ventilación.
- La construcción patentada de EPS de Energía Optimizada de Múltiple Densidad ayuda a manejar el impacto de energía.
- Armazón patentado de aramida reforzado que provee suporte EPS interno que ayuda a controlar el impacto de energía.
- Sistema de micro ajuste ultra liviano Mindset HairPort II con modificación de alturas para un mayor ajuste.
- Diseño Gutter Action de las almohadillas a la altura de cejas que incrementan el confort y el manejo de la sudoración.
- Sistema de correas 4X DryLite, ligeras y suaves, que no se estiran con el sudor o la lluvia.
- Sistema Tri-Fix de regulación y ajuste de las correas, más cómodo y de fácil manejo.
- Sistema de correas internas para una construcción ultra ligera y segura.
- Broche magnético simple y seguro.