Specialized statement on COVID-19 Read Here
Specialized statement on COVID-19
Contact your local retailer for store hours & COVID-19 safety measures.
Tarmac SL6 Disc Comp
When we developed the Tarmac Disc, we didn't just want it to be fast. We wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How'd we do it? We started with our Rider-First Engineered™ frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, added in some serious aero tech that makes it 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers than the Tarmac SL5, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling. This Tarmac comes with a no-fuss spec that includes Shimano Ultegra mechanical shifting and quick-stopping hydraulic disc brakes, durable DT R470 Disc wheels, and our fan-favorite Power saddle.
- For the construction of the Tarmac, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 9r carbon.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered™. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape and dropped seatstays with aero tubes. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
|FRAME||Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|FORK||FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|STEM||Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Power Comp, Hollow Cr-Mo rails|
|SEATPOST||S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy 31.2mm|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano Ultegra R8070, hydraulic disc|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano Ultegra Disc R8020|
|FRONT DERAILLEUR||Shimano Ultegra R8000, braze-on|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano Ultegra R8000, Shadow Design, 11-speed|
|CASSETTE||Shimano Ultegra R8000, 11-speed, 11-30t|
|CRANKSET||Shimano Ultegra R8000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed, 52/36T|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Shimano Threaded BSA BB|
|CHAIN||Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed|
WHEELS & TIRES
|FRONT WHEEL||DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples.|
|REAR WHEEL||DT Swiss R470 rim, 20mm internal width, tubeless ready, 24h, Specialized full sealed bearing thru axle hub, centerlock disc, alloy freehub body, DT Swiss Champion 14G stainless steel spokes, DT Swiss brass nipples.|
|FRONT TIRE||Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|REAR TIRE||Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|INNER TUBES||Presta, 48mm valve|
* Specifications are subject to change without notice
Tarmac SL6 - Geometry
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||493mm||511mm||535mm||544mm||566mm||581mm||599mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76°||75.5°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73°|
|Head Tube Angle||70.5°||71.75°||72.5°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Seat Tube Length||435mm||451mm||481mm||499mm||519mm||540mm||570mm|
|Head Tube Length||105mm||115mm||126mm||143mm||163mm||190mm||210mm|
|Bike Standover Height||730mm||740mm||755mm||775mm||795mm||826mm||850mm|
|Fork Length, Full||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm||363mm|