Comunicado Specialized sobre el COVID-19 Conoce Más Aquí
Comunicado Specialized Acerca Del COVID-19
Contacta Tu Tienda Más Cercana Para Conocer los Horarios y Medidas por COVID-19 .
Roval Traverse Fattie 29 148
In the early design phases of our Traverse Fattie 29, we recognized that the number of aluminum wheels that had the prowess to both shred rowdy descents and to provide the efficiency required of our Northern California testing grounds' relentless climbs were far and few between. We also came to realize that trail riders expect certain features in a proper, send-it-ready wheelset. And for the price, we found that alloy hit many of these expectations, while also keeping enough jingle-jangle in your wallet for a post-ride beverage.
Along with light overall weight, stiffness, and durability, another top priority for the Traverse was ease of use. First off, we got rid of the creaky straight-pull spokes and corrosion-prone alloy nipples. Next up, we landed on 28 J-bend spokes, for front and rear wheels, that are all the same length—making it easy to find replacements if needed. And finally, we engineered a new hub design, with a wider profile and higher flange to aid in overall stiffness.
We took the traditional 19- to 23-millimeter standard and moved it out to what we found worked best in testing—a whopping 30mm “Fattie” width. A wide rim does a variety of things for ride performance—it better supports the tire for increased confidence and grip, it affords you the ability to run lower pressures, and it spreads impact out over a larger surface area to reduce the risk of damage. We also added our Zero Bead hook design to the mix, and this ultimately aids in preventing “burps” during hard cornering, while also making tubeless set up quick and easy.
After developing what we found to be the perfect alloy trail wheels, we went farther down the perfection path, hand-lacing the rims to our own alloy hubs that allow for the same spoke length throughout the entire wheelset, via 28 DT Swiss Revolution J-Bend spokes and Pro Lock nipples. Inside our hubs, you'll find sealed cartridge bearings and DT Swiss 360 rear internals that'll keep you rolling smoothly for miles. We also wanted to ensure that each wheel was built correctly, so we built them by hand.
Each wheelset comes packaged with a SRAM XD-driver and a tubeless valve stem in order to make tubeless set-up a touch easier. Please note that Shimano freehubs are sold separately.
- Rim Material: E5 high-strength alloy
- Rim Width: 30mm internal
- Front Spoke Pattern: Two-cross
- Rear Spoke Pattern: Two-cross
- Spoke Count: 28h Front, 28h Rear
- Spoke Type: DT Swiss Competition Race J-bend
- Nipple Type: DT Swiss Brass Pro Lock hexagonal
- Front Hub: Alloy body, 15mmx110 thru-axle, 19 and 31mm OD end cap options included.
- Rear Hub: CNC-machined alloy body, high-quality DT 360 internals, includes SRAM XX1 11-speed freehub and 148 end cap.
- Bearing Type: Sealed cartridge
- Roval Engineered J-bend hubshells have a single spoke length for each wheelset.
- Assembly Method: Hand-built
- Every wheel includes tubeless valve stems in order to make tubeless set-up a touch easier.
- Total Wheelset Weight: 1870g